No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I'd tipped the Sprays but got the margin rather wrong.

Elsewhere I've gone Quins and Leicester. 'Twill be an injustice if the two best teams don't make it through. Even if one of them is sponsored by the larval form of butterflies and moths. Better a sugar daddy than something that demolishes my vegie garden.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Damn it all, damn it all to hell!!!

What the heck!

Edit: I've just checked and for some reason I hadn't put the bulk of my money on accumulators with these games. However, in a world where the Rebels can beat a full-strength Crusaders - nothing makes sense anymore.
      Last edited by kittenOFchaos; May 12, 2012, 07:37.

Comment

• Yup. Ditto. But who in their wildest dreams - Rebels and their keenest fans aside - could have predicted it?
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Having Mortlock back clearly helped and Beale is doing awesome at 10. I've only seen the briefest of highlights...can't wait to see extended highlights.

Comment

• They actually haven't been playing too badly. They were stiff not to beat the Bulls last week. Their pack has somehow, mysteriously, improved, and Delve has been leading them wonderfully. Delve is one of those excellent club players who just lacks the speed and dynamism for Test rugby. Hullo Nick Easter. Mortlock does lift them, even if he's past his best. The key, though, has been Beale in place of Cipriani. Just one of those freakishly gifted players, like O'Connor, who can create something out of nothing.

Comment

• 1st half - Harlequins are playing really unintelligent rugby, they should be taking Northampton apart. I'm hoping the Quins coach can sort them out half-time and then they'll put Northampton away.

Comment

• An exciting end. You've got to feel for Ryan Lamb.

Comment

• Pfft, it is bloody ridiculous that EPSN have Leceister Vs Saracens.

There should be one TV/online package to get all top-class rugby.

Comment

• I'm not complaining. Sky Italy takes both Sky and ESPN for the rugby. ESPN's coverage - apart from the main commentator, who is a goose - is excellent, I think.

Quins did their best to lose, I thought. Almost as though they succumbed to the pressure. Certainly Saints' defence was excellent - and they had little else to offer apart from that - but Quins, for whatever reason, abandoned the game plan that has got them where they are. Why did they play so narrow? Earlier in the season, with that sort of possession and territory advantage, they would have cantered in. That's also the second time I've seen their scrum hand out some punishment. It has improved out of sight. Marler needs to grow up, though.

If Quins turn up in the final and play that sort of game - against Leicester, anyway - I think they'll come away very disappointed. I hope they've learned a lesson.

Comment

• Only got to see the second half of Tigers and Sarries. First half was tougher for the bustards, apparently, but they were always going to wear Sarries down. Too powerful, too shrewd, plus always a threat with ball in hand. Unlike Sarries. The sooner that Sarries midfield vanishes from the England horizon, the better. For England. Selfishly, I'd love it to stay in place. For someone still in nappies, George Ford is impressive. Precocious talent. He's probably still developing physically, so more strength - particularly in defence - will come with maturity.

Based on yesterday's events, I can't see Quins rolling Leicester. If Quins have the bollocks to play the game that best suits them, it might be different.

Comment

• I am a big believer in sides playing their own game rather than trying to tactically adapt to the opposition. Tigers won't take Quins lightly - they beat us at our place this season.

The amazing thing against Sarries was the error count, time and again small mistakes stopped Tigers building phases. They are actually capable of playing much better than that. It could actually be a very good final.

I agree about ESPN too. It's a blatant rip off of fans to split the package. Cable customers get ESPN thrown in but Sky customers are asked to fork out another tenner. Plus a tenner for the HD and a tenner for multiroom. SKy bills can get out of hand very quickly.
                        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• It will be a great final if Quins stick to what they do best, the game that got them where they are. It will be a game of contrasting styles. If not, I fear Leicester will just soak up the pressure before rolling over the top of them.

I'll stick with Sky Italy. They cherry-pick coverage from all sources. Heck, they even cover the later rounds of those hit-and-giggle 20/20 Indian cricket leagues. Cricket commentary in Italian is something to behold.

Comment

• That I believe.

Of course we have the small matter of the all Irish affair next weekend. I'd have to say Leinster, they just edge it in almost every department for me.
                            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• They're the quality team but they're being tested with so many big matches close together. Glasgow more than extended them on the weekend even if they rested BOD. I wouldn't write off Ulster completely. They'll be rested.

Comment

• It would be nice to see the underdog do it. Shake the spectre of 1999 and prove they can take it in a completely open field.

Comment

Working...
                                X