No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Redpath needs to start looking over his shoulder. Glaws seem mentally weak to me, as if they don't expect to win.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Glaws had exactly the same problem under Dean Ryan, unable to nail games, losing matches they should have won. That - along with a sour attitude to the supporters - cost him in the end.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• He has a lucrative non-job with Sky now. One of the front-line analysts who breaks down snippets of play.

Keeping the GLaws crowd onside is not easy - the most soccer like crowd in Rugby excepting only perhaps Wasps and more lately Saracens.

(Saracens used to have great fans but I have noticed a massive change in the Wray era).
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Saints seem to be seriously contemplating appealing Clark's sentence. On the basis that, according to the judiciary, he didn't intend to break the chap's arm. Since when does intent of that kind enter the judicial equation? It was an assault, a thuggish, unnecessary act that broke someone's arm. The judiciary also seem to have lightened Hartley's sentence on the basis that he might be a future England captain. There's something seriously amiss with this judiciary process.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
            Saints seem to be seriously contemplating appealing Clark's sentence. On the basis that, according to the judiciary, he didn't intend to break the chap's arm. Since when does intent of that kind enter the judicial equation? It was an assault, a thuggish, unnecessary act that broke someone's arm. The judiciary also seem to have lightened Hartley's sentence on the basis that he might be a future England captain. There's something seriously amiss with this judiciary process.
            They clearly want to emulate the example of FIFA which is utterly diabolical.

Comment

• There seemed to be pretty clear intent on video. What on earth did the judiciary watch?

Comment

• Is Henson the text book example of what happens when coaches fail to address excessive ego in young players? He always gave the impression - and I saw the Tangeirne one myself on several occassions - that he did not understand the adage that there is "no I in team". No real loss to the sport, once Roberts claimed the twelve jersey it was never going to be Henson's again.

The Hartley thing is very bizarre. But then the fact he was found guilty when no TV footage showed anything was also rather strange. That said I am not denying the possibility he is actually guilty. Never the less I hereby mitigate myself for any future wrong doing on the basis that I may in future be our PM.

Comment

• Remarkable how much Gav and Cips have in common. Absolutely zero self-awareness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
                    Is Henson the text book example of what happens when coaches fail to address excessive ego in young players? He always gave the impression - and I saw the Tangeirne one myself on several occassions - that he did not understand the adage that there is "no I in team". No real loss to the sport, once Roberts claimed the twelve jersey it was never going to be Henson's again.

The Hartley thing is very bizarre. But then the fact he was found guilty when no TV footage showed anything was also rather strange. That said I am not denying the possibility he is actually guilty. Never the less I hereby mitigate myself for any future wrong doing on the basis that I may in future be our PM.
                    The referee had seen the damage done and there was footage that had Hartley's head in close proximity to Ferris's hands. That said, Ferris could have been 'at work' with his fingers and got a well-deserved bite. Ferris is no angel and deliberately winds up players - when Grewcock stamped him he fully deserved it. Grewcock wouldn't have had to stamp him if the referee had done something about his foot being held. Being Grewcock, he got caught and being Grewcock he got a long ban. I'd love to see more being done about players holding players off the ball, that crap is so poorly dealt with by the referees and players aren't allowed to deal with it themselves. One prime example was Hines taking 3 Ulstermen out of the defense when playing Clermont - eventually the linesman called it and Clermont were penalised, but Hines didn't get a yellow. He totally deserved a yellow - Hines usually does.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                      Remarkable how much Gav and Cips have in common. Absolutely zero self-awareness.
                      Henson is an alcoholic and shouldn't be allowed to drink - it should be part of whatever contract he is given.

Sale should take him on

Comment

• You may be tempting fate there for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                          Henson is an alcoholic
                          The same said of Cipriani in Melbourne.

Comment

• Cripes, Quins can mix it up. Wilko's boot sank them. Tellingly, they were without Robshaw and Evans, and Clegg is a poor substitute for the latter. It's been noted here before that Clegg seems not to have progressed as a player. The price you pay for changing clubs to sit on the bench behind a very fine player. Shame.

Comment

• I'm not sure what yesterday proved. Leinster can be a mighty fine team, the Blues can try hard at times but just aren't good enough. Toulouse can be rubbish at times and were, and Edinburgh were on the receiving end of Toulouse's generosity.

But, yet again, Leinster's Ireland players excelled in the blue shirt playing the sort of rugby you rarely ever see when playing in green. And it's not just about provincial rugby being a lower standard than Test rugby. The current Ireland coaching regime does nothing to exploit the various strengths and talents within the team. What a shame.

Comment

• Good to see Sarries' limitations being exposed. And therein might lie the immediate future of England unless Lancaster, Farrell Snr and Co are stopped.

Mighty Ulster effort against Munster.

And I tipped 3/4. Damn you Toulouse!

Comment

Working...
                                X