No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't talk to me about the Ospreys, Dragons or Brumbies!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Ah well, Tony Hanks carries the can for the thumping by Sarries. Out. Mr Diamond should have a close look at some of his signings, particularly in the current front row. We won't mention Cipriani. Yet.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Diamond strikes me as a classic 'blame-caster'. But then he does work for Kennedy who treats the club (and people therein) as a plaything? Who would want to be first team coach now? One bad loss at home and you are fired?

As for Sarries it now generally takes teams that can meet them head on with those same qualities to lower their colours. And there are only a handful of sides that can do that in the Premiership.

Saints have suspended Clark ahead of the disciplinary panel - normal damage limitation stuff. They are at home to the odious insects later and it is on Sky so I might catch it.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
          Diamond strikes me as a classic 'blame-caster'. But then he does work for Kennedy who treats the club (and people therein) as a plaything? Who would want to be first team coach now? One bad loss at home and you are fired?

As for Sarries it now generally takes teams that can meet them head on with those same qualities to lower their colours. And there are only a handful of sides that can do that in the Premiership.

Saints have suspended Clark ahead of the disciplinary panel - normal damage limitation stuff. They are at home to the odious insects later and it is on Sky so I might catch it.
          We also got creamed by Exeter. This wasn't with a weakened side but with the best players at our disposal. At least one Sale player did the business - one Charlie Hodgson

As for Saints, they waited long enough before suspending Clark and deserve no credit.

Comment

• Reds demolished by the Bulls. Unsurprising. Injuries have murdered the Reds. Last week Genia finished up at 10 after injuries to the 10 (Quade's back-up) and then injury to the back-up to the back-up. This week they had to pluck a 10 from club rugby. And the injuries continued against the Bulls, with Radiki Samo finishing up in the centres. Not a good time for the Reds.

The big news, though, has to be the dumping of Barnes and Pearson from the international panel. Much, I suspect, to do with their handling of the Bradley tip-tackle off the ball against Ireland. Pearson's yellow card recommendation was entirely wrong, and his quite accurate description of the incident to Barnes meant Barnes should have overruled him and produced a red card. Good to see such action taken.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
              The big news, though, has to be the dumping of Barnes and Pearson from the international panel. Much, I suspect, to do with their handling of the Bradley tip-tackle off the ball against Ireland. Pearson's yellow card recommendation was entirely wrong, and his quite accurate description of the incident to Barnes meant Barnes should have overruled him and produced a red card. Good to see such action taken.
              I really don't see why they can't have a referee watching the game on TV and providing live support. Hell the TMO could be doing that between incidents requiring stoppage of the game for a TMO decision.

Comment

• 16-12 to Irish at half time. Entertaining game. Ben Youngs can look forward to a decent holiday - a knee followed by a couple of punches. Held down, yes, but a silly response. Poor work by the assistant ref, too. It was a yellow card. Youngs is a dill. He's playing well. Dan Cole's back to his old habits too. Beats my why refs or their assitants can't see it.

Comment

• Ah well, the story of the London Irish season. In with a chance of a win, finish up missing out on a losing bonus point. Cripes, that Tom Homer has a boot on him.

Looked on a later replay like Youngs' punches missed. The knee dropped on the oppo chest didn't, though.

Comment

• Well, I was 6 for 6 with the Aviva Premiership results this weekend. Would have resulted in £££ if I wasn't adding on Super 15/Top 14/Rabo14

I am starting to break up my accumulators abit - but still keeping a crazy one for the big money.

Comment

• Finbar I've a free bet of £10 to make use of. The only fixtures available in the time frame are top 14...

What do you make of (I've put my thoughts in bold, if no bold is used the odds are too far out)

Biarritz vs Clermont Auvergne
                      Montpellier vs Agen - the odds are so against Agen it hardly seems worth taking any risk here. Why are Agen written off so completely in this fixture?
                      Brive vs Toulon
                      Lyon vs Bordeaux-Begles
                      Racing Metro Paris vs Castres
                      Perpignan vs Bayonne
                      Stade Francais vs Toulouse

I'd like to put £8 on the most likely outcome and £2 on a possible but less likely option.

Comment

• I wouldn't disagree with those tips at this early stage, kOc. Toulouse were pretty dire on Friday night but they had the likes of Servat on the bench. Stade have been putting some points on the board even if against lower sides. Not sure why Agen are being written off. I wouldn't have thought they were out of it. When do you have to place the bet?

Comment

• By tomorrow evening.

Comment

• They don't make it easy! It would be nice to know the teams, particularly Toulouse. Look, I think Perpignan-Bayonne could go either way, Perpignan hasn't won for a while, Bayonne has only won one recently. Could be a case of which is least bad. You might as well stick with Perpignan. The others are all perfectly reasonable choices. But don't forget they're French!

Comment

• Oh, don't blame them, blame my apathy as I could have taken advantage of this on Thursday!

Comment

• Nah, you would have tipped Toulouse - as any sane person would - and they were rubbish losing to Bordeaux-Begles.

Comment

Working...
                                X