Apolyton Fantasy Football D/ST League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
    I was going to pick him up to handcuff AP, but after reading training camp reports it seems he isn't adjusting well to the NFL and might share 2nd back duties with Young.
    He seemed to do fine in the preseason games. Sure not many carrying yards but I dont think he'll be in situations where he has to get 4.5-5 ypc.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
      He seemed to do fine in the preseason games. Sure not many carrying yards but I dont think he'll be in situations where he has to get 4.5-5 ypc.
      We'll see. I'm rooting for him just off principle as I rooted for Brian Leonard and Peyton Hillis. Too often, racist attitudes have destroyed the careers of white RB's coming out of high school or even college. There's always this racist urge to turn them into blocking fullbacks, tight ends, or linebackers. It's very reminiscent of what had been done with Black QB's for so long.

It's like when Warren Moon was applying for the draft and he was advised that he wouldn't be drafted unless he declared for tight end or something. You see the same thing going on today with white HB's.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I think he only has real value only if AP gets hurt, but if AP gets hurt I'm not sure if him or Young would become the primary back. I strongly considered drafting him, but in the end I think he really isn't going to be that good in the NFL.
        Last edited by flash9286; August 24, 2010, 17:16.
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

I think he only has real value only if AP gets hurt, but if AP gets hurt I'm not sure if him or Young would become the primary back. I strongly considered drafting him, but in the end I think he really isn't going to be that good in the NFL.
          Would you like a mulligan?
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Where's your kicker, MRT?

Or were you just worried that I was going to go for Gerhart? I did highly consider it, to be honest. Just I was reading good things about Scheffler and bad things about Gerhart when my time to pick came.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Would you like a mulligan?
              ?
              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

?
                I'm taking Janikowski instead, giving you the possibility of getting him, if you'd so like.

Comment

I'm taking Janikowski instead, giving you the possibility of getting him, if you'd so like.
                  WOW! You change your mind again! I swear you do no research. Every time you make a questionable pick (like Josh Freeman) and I call you out on it, you promptly change your pick. This is what? The 6th change by you?

Or are you thinking, well if flash doesn't want Gerhart, no point in picking him now. Mightaswell get the kicker I want and pick Gerhart in the last round. Is that what it is, MRT?

This picking, gauging reactions, then changing your pick isn't very sporting.

Comment

• If I don't do any research and you pour over research endlessly, how come I've taken 2 players you wanted right before you? Either your research is just as good as me blithely picking players and changing my mind or you're simply mistaken.

Comment

Nope, need a kicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        This picking, gauging reactions, then changing your pick isn't very sporting.
                        It's funny because I have a friend that plays Warhammer in this manner. We even made a shirt "I'm gauging your reaction" on the front "I declare a charge" on the back, just to commemorate his style. BTW, if you want my pick set in stone faster make sure someone picking behind me picks quickly.

Comment

• WOW! NOW IT'S JAY FEELEY? WHAT HAPPENED TO JANIKOWSKI?

Comment

• I might have time to change my pick 20 times before space makes his.

Comment

• Also, my draft didnt quite pan out the way I thought it would with a big gaping hole in week 10. Do I just throw in the towel that week and take Janikowski who also has a bye then? Maybe I'll change it back.

Comment

Also, my draft didnt quite pan out the way I thought it would with a big gaping hole in week 10. Do I just throw in the towel that week and take Janikowski who also has a bye then? Maybe I'll change it back.
                                No kidding... half your team is on bye week 10!

Comment

Working...
                                X