No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football D/ST League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figure it will be about 1 1/2 weeks until we draft again.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Larry Fitz with Matt Leinart throwing to him
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        I figure it will be about 1 1/2 weeks until we draft again.
        Well, it better speed up because I'm going to Mexico on the 13th.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Larry Fitz with Matt Leinart throwing to him
          That's what I'm thinking.
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
            Sometimes people sign up and then kind of wander off, and then they don't realize that the draft has started. It always speeds up tremendously after the first round.

Also, I'll make sure that happens. After the first round, I'll put in a 24-hour clock that halves each time you miss a pick, and "forgives" back up by a factor of 2 each time you've made two picks in a row. You're immune to the clock if you left a list with me, or with an active draftwatcher like Slowwy, or the person who picks directly behind you.

When you miss your pick, you get a BAPAY. (I'll explain the rules on how these are decided later.) If you come in later, you can exchange your BAPAY for another player, but not one that has already been picked - even if he was picked after your BAPAY.
            Just reminding people of this. Also, reposting the list:

01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
            01.02 Berzerker - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - JAX
            01.03 snoopy - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
            01.04 Flash9286 - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
            01.05 Jaguar - Peyton Manning - QB - IND
            01.06 Al B. - Frank Gore - RB - SF
            01.07 MRT - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
            01.08 Spaced Cowboy - Michael Turner - RB - ATL
            01.09 OzzyKP - Drew Brees - QB - NO
            01.10 joncha - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - PIT
            01.11 duke o' york - Matt Schaub - QB - HOU
            01.12 Imran - Steven Jackson - RB - StL
            01.13 Guynemer - Tony Romo - QB - DAL
            01.14 Sloww - Ryan Mathews - RB - SD

02.14 Sloww - Tom Brady - QB - NE
            02.13 Guynemer - Larry Fitzgerald - WR - ARI
            02.12 Imran - Joe Flacco - QB - BAL
            02.11 duke o' york - Miles Austin - WR - DAL
            02.10 joncha - Phillip Rivers - QB - SD
            02.09 OzzyKP -
            02.08 Spaced Cowboy -
            02.07 MRT -
            02.06 Al B. -
            02.05 Jaguar -
            02.04 Flash9286
            02.03 snoopy -
            02.02 Berzerker -
            02.01 Jonny -
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• What are the rules for BAPAYs? Yahoo rankings, "fan points," or something else?
              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• IMO, it should be Yahoo rankings. All have access.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Any reason this guy is still around? Do y'all know something I don't?

01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
                  01.02 Berzerker - Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - JAX
                  01.03 snoopy - Ray Rice - RB - BAL
                  01.04 Flash9286 - Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN
                  01.05 Jaguar - Peyton Manning - QB - IND
                  01.06 Al B. - Frank Gore - RB - SF
                  01.07 MRT - Aaron Rodgers - QB - GB
                  01.08 Spaced Cowboy - Michael Turner - RB - ATL
                  01.09 OzzyKP - Drew Brees - QB - NO
                  01.10 joncha - Rashard Mendenhall - RB - PIT
                  01.11 duke o' york - Matt Schaub - QB - HOU
                  01.12 Imran - Steven Jackson - RB - StL
                  01.13 Guynemer - Tony Romo - QB - DAL
                  01.14 Sloww - Ryan Mathews - RB - SD

02.14 Sloww - Tom Brady - QB - NE
                  02.13 Guynemer - Larry Fitzgerald - WR - ARI
                  02.12 Imran - Joe Flacco - QB - BAL
                  02.11 duke o' york - Miles Austin - WR - DAL
                  02.10 joncha - Phillip Rivers - QB - SD
                  02.09 OzzyKP - Andre Johnson - WR - HOU
                  02.08 Spaced Cowboy -
                  02.07 MRT -
                  02.06 Al B. -
                  02.05 Jaguar -
                  02.04 Flash9286
                  02.03 snoopy -
                  02.02 Berzerker -
                  02.01 Jonny -
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• He's only the 3rd WR taken so far. People drafting other positions. That's the only reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      He's only the 3rd WR taken so far. People drafting other positions. That's the only reason.
                      I'm shocked he wasn't the 1st receiver drafted.

Comment

• Cool. Seems like a steal to me.

This site considers him the 5th best pick overall: http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?teams=14
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It also ranks Miles Austin below Calvin Johnson and twice high as Romo. I take anyone's opinion with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Andre was, in fact, the pick I had leftover from Spaced from his first round list. Therefore, I'll be PMing him now.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
                              Andre was, in fact, the pick I had leftover from Spaced from his first round list. Therefore, I'll be PMing him now.
                              I was going to pick him too

Comment

• The Youth Rights Knights are looking like a powerhouse once again. With Brees and Andre, he could start air at running back and be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X