Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all hail the dutch team

first post in the sports forum,

the dutch have returned are on a boat through the city. theres a stream here http://nos.nl/wk2010/live/

Even if they had won I could not imagine a bigger celebration than the Dutch are having now
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Oh well, you missed pretty dutch girls and dutch sportsmen dancing to Armin van Buuren playing trance music on stage in front of their countrymen. fair play to them, but as they say de dutch dont dance.
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

The Dutch should be ashamed of the way their team played in the final.

I know for a fact many are.

Comment

What, are you kidding? It was a great demonstration of kung fu skills!
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
          The Dutch should be ashamed of the way their team played in the final.

I know for a fact many are.
          Yep But at least our economy is in better shape than the Spanish one
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Economy?! Pfft, football is more important .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Is it common over the pond to celebrate losing?
              That would explain a lot of things.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well a Cubs fan would know plenty about losing
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

But we don't throw them a parade when they lose.
                  They have to slink into to O'hare under the cover of darkness.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If they even made the World Series, it may be deemed miraculous enough to throw them a party

Comment

Yeah but we'd throw the party before they lost.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        I think this was the reasoning (from the city and police point of view):

1) We made the final! If we win, we're going to have a parade!
                        2) We have to prepare for one.
                        3) We might as well hold the parade anyway considering we've already prepared for it.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          I see the Olympic spirit is lost on you yankistanis. It explains a lot too.
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Yeah, it's like participation trophies. That type of mentality has wussified an entire generation. Yes there should be satisfaction in competing, but the gold goes to the winner. And if you don't win, try harder the next time. That's real life. In real life people lose. You're not always going to win.

Embracing losing is for losers.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              If they even made the World Series, it may be deemed miraculous enough to throw them a party
                              This will never happen, Imran. Never.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X