X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup coming up soon, right?

When does that start?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

June 11th.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Whoever is selecting the English team is clearly an idiot.

Comment

The World Cup, Translated into American

(DISCLAIMER - I'm new to this site and I'm having a hard time getting the formatting to be consistent. Apologies for sudden changes in fon...

Somewhat amusing. (Not for non-USAians who don't have familiarity with the US sports teams used as comparisons.)
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

That's fantastic.

I wish they didn't draw so much from basketball and college sports. But still, a much needed primer.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well I'd only ever heard of the big league teams (and a few of the college football teams), but it was pretty funny. I was very amused by the comment immediately after it saying that because England have the third-highest odds then they should be respected more. So they have the third-highest in his local bookies, but I doubt they'll be doing so well in the bookies of Sao Paolo, Marseille or Jo'burg.

I'd love to see someone (Zopp would probably be the best, or MOBIUS) doing this for the NFL sides, whether with national or league football (soccer) teams.

Comment

Going to U.S. vs. Turkey friendly next Saturday. Last game before the World Cup for the U.S.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                I'd love to see someone (Zopp would probably be the best, or MOBIUS) doing this for the NFL sides, whether with national or league football (soccer) teams.
                Heh, good piece. I'll think about doing this, comparing NFL teams to European clubs...

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                  Whoever is selecting the English team is clearly an idiot.
                  That's only a natural feeling, but talk to fans of any team and they'll say the same about their own selection.

As long as they're winning all is well or at least the grumblers are not heard over the optimists, but when they start to lose suddenly every managing decision is moronic down to who's the third goalkeeper or which hotel they stayed at the night before. I think the only fans who have particular reason to agonize before the torunament even starts is Argentina's.

Comment

I'm not even English though.

Comment

Working...
                    X