No announcement yet.

NHL Off-Season Thread 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to CapGeek, Chicago has 13 players under contract for next year (need 22). They have $4,093,663 in cap space available.

This is $409K per position, which is below league minimum.

Thus, the unloading continues. Expect a few more players to get traded (Ladd at least). Chicago's goin to have to play with a few lines of league-minimum players.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I was thinking more general than just the Hawks because your 100% dead on on this one.
      WE will have a lot of younger players next year out of necessity.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Which can be a very good thing, if they're the right young players.

It seems the secret to the cup these days is having a ton of very good, very young, very cheap players.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I think they're going to put Huet on waivers and commit to Niemi next. Because no one will take on Huet's contract.

It's not optimal, but at least they'll have a Cup-winning goalie...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

If no one will take on Huet's contract, putting him on waivers doesn't help.

I'm not sure if they can send him to the minors/Europe...

Or if they will buy him out. But they still need to deal with some of his cap hit if they buy him out...

Comment

JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST

Calgary in talks with Jokinen (Olli) for a multi-year deal. WHYYYYYY

Comment

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  If no one will take on Huet's contract, putting him on waivers doesn't help.

I'm not sure if they can send him to the minors/Europe...

Or if they will buy him out. But they still need to deal with some of his cap hit if they buy him out...

I think they can assign him to the minors or send him to Europe.

I don't see mention of a NMC.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    When a team wins a championship and then unloads players, which do you think it is.

1. Players think they're worth more and their teams realize they can't satisfy everyone and have to dump some people and replace them will lower priced players.
                    2. A teams marginal players are never going to have a higher value on the market so you might as well trade some to get a lot of young players from which a few will make it and help your team. (at a lower cost that allows you to keep your stars)

No. 1 is most common. Everyone on a cup winner, or even a conference champion becomes more valuable. This is encouraged by all the other teams as they see players who generally perform very well in whatever role they have and want to add pieces like that who are winners.

No. 2 is often not the case. The winning team usually wants to keep it together to try to repeat. Chicago is being forced to unload and have been taken advantage of in some trades. However, I think Bowman did really well with the return for Versteeg.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Hamhuis to Vancouver...$4.5M/yr, unknown term.

Edit: 6 years.

Comment

Oh God Oh God Oh God

I am going to cry

Jokinen to Calgary, "all but confirmed"...2 years @ $3M per

Comment

Volchenkov $25.5M for 6 years with NJ with a no-trade clause

They're going to a defensive-minded team yet again

Comment

Ladd is apparently heading to Atlanta

Edit: For a "draft pick and a prospect"

Edit2: 2nd rounder and Vishnevsky
                            Last edited by Asher; July 1, 2010, 16:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Oh God Oh God Oh God

I am going to cry

Jokinen to Calgary, "all but confirmed"...2 years @ $3M per
                              Now confirmed. JESUS CHRIST

Comment

Sad to see Ladd being moved.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X