Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest Hockey Club in Russia, Dynamo Moscow, Is Kaput

Sorry Serb

Guess this why Jiri Hudler was mysteriously released from his 2-year Dynamo Moscow contract yesterday.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

That's the NKVD club?

Comment

Are you thinking of the Red Army team? That's CSKA Moscow.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I've read they will be merged with another Moscow area club with ties to the security services.

Odds are the name Dynamo will continue.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Are you thinking of the Red Army team? That's CSKA Moscow.

I don't know much about it, but I've seen it claimed that Dynamo is linked to the security services (NKVD, KGB, current thugs).

We could look up old articles about it.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

That wasn't too hard.

(\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

Wikipedia is cheating.

Comment

Sorry Serb

Guess this why Jiri Hudler was mysteriously released from his 2-year Dynamo Moscow contract yesterday.
                Hopefully he'll come back to Detroit.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

He has to play for Detroit if he comes back to the NHL.

The binding arbitration award was $2.8M per for 2 years, IIRC.

Comment

Hudler, Filatov, and Babchuk all fleeing the KHL back to the NHL.

Radulov is probable too.

Sorry Serb

Comment

Where will canadian children dream of playing now?
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Phoenix
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Welcome back, Jiri!
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sorry Serb

Sorry Asher, but you get it all wrong, as always.
                            Dynamo and HK MVD (the finalist of the Gagarin Cup finals of this season (they have lost in the series 3:4, while nobody here ever predicted they can make it to 1/4, not to mention the finals, they are sensation of this season and ironically it is their last season as a team) are both "police" teams sponsored by the minestery of the internal affairs (read: police). They can no longer support two teams at once and wanted to merge them in one team as long as three years ago.

It's more like Hockey Club of MVD is kaput now, not Dynamo ('cause Dynamo is a brand with much more longer and glorious history than HK MVD).
                            Last edited by Serb; May 6, 2010, 01:32.

Comment

Hudler, Filatov, and Babchuk all fleeing the KHL back to the NHL.

Radulov is probable too.

Sorry Serb
                              WTF?

Babchuk plays for my city. Don't care about the rest.

Whatever. Jagr stays in my city for his fourth season for Omsk. Who cares about Hudler now?

Comment

Working...
                              X