No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He likely is. You should be happy with him.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He sounds good, but for almost 17 mil a year.............
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• These days that's not all that much for an ace pitcher.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• If he is an ace pitcher...
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Granted, but name one other pitcher costing a team that much that has never pitched a single pitch in the major leagues.

And a quick check shows that only 5 pitchers were paid more than 17 mil last year. (and one of them was Carlos Zambrano)
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
              If he is an ace pitcher...
              He is expected to be. As Fangraphs puts it:

If Darvish lives up to his expectations and his projections — like ZiPS, which forecasts five seasons of sub-3.75 ERAs, 150+ strikeouts, and 4+ WAR — the investment would be a quality one for Texas. Even his middle-ground projections place him in the vicinity of excellent young pitchers like Jordan Zimmermann and Yovani Gallardo — if not a True Ace, very close to that level.
              One month ago, the Rangers were awarded the rights to negotiate with Yu Darvish for a posting fee of $51.7 million. Surely, the announcements of the details of the contract will not come until right…

Comment

• If expectations had anything to do with reality, Cubs fans wouldn't be continuously depressed every mid-April.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                  Granted, but name one other pitcher costing a team that much that has never pitched a single pitch in the major leagues.

And a quick check shows that only 5 pitchers were paid more than 17 mil last year. (and one of them was Carlos Zambrano)
                  Hahah, Zambrano had one of the 5 biggest salaries for pitchers? You poor, poor Cubs fans.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• YEP, and we'll be paying 15 mil of that for him to pitch somewhere else. I have no doubt that the marlins will get 2 million worth of value out of him.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Always be wary of your Latino players

Authorities in the Dominican Republic have arrested Indians right-hander Fausto Carmona and accused him of using a false identity to try to obtain a U.S. visa, a police spokesman said.

Authorities in the Dominican Republic have arrested Cleveland Indians right-hander Fausto Carmona and accused him of using a false identity to try to obtain a U.S. visa, a police spokesman said.

Colonel Maximo Aybar Baez, a spokesman for the Dominican police, said on his Twitter account that Carmona, whose actual name is Roberto Hernandez Heredia, was arrested after leaving the U.S. Consulate in the Dominican Republic on Thursday.

"This arrest is part of the measures taken by the National Police (NP), in coordination with the American Consulate. The NP invited Dominican prospects not to be misled by those who sell fake illusions based on illegality," Baez said on Twitter.

The pitcher was trying to renew his visa so he could attend spring training in February.
                      Apparently, as well, Heredia is 31 years old, while Carmona was stated to be 28.

Comment

• There has been some chatter than Ryan Braun looks like he'll win his appeal on the false positive.

Comment

• OH MY. There are rumors that the Tigers are about to sign Prince Fielder to a 9 Year deal worth $214 million.

Ok, so Victor Martinez is out THIS year. What happens, NEXT year? When you have Fielder, Cabrera, and Martinez?

Comment

• More sources are starting to confirm it as a done deal pending a physical
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• HOLY ****!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Cecil Fielder was my favorite player as a kid, and now Prince is coming back to Detroit!!!! Wow!!!

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I never saw this coming at all, wow.

I imagine they'll put Fielder at 1st and move Cabrera over to 3rd once Martinez comes back.

Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X