No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish someone would make my company share the wealth. Obviously the NBA players were striking just for the fun of it since they got taken to the cleaners.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hey, I wish the owners of your company share the wealth too - that's why I'm for higher taxes on the upper tax brackets and the addition of a millionaire tax bracket .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Hey I wish I could be one of those millionaires and be taxed higher. I wouldn't complain.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Same here.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Barry Larkin made it in to the hall.

Jack Morris and Alan Trammell move up. Probably not enough for Tram though.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Jack Morris doesn't deserve it. Trammell though, probably should edge in.

Bagwell and Raines should definitely get in. Unfortunately neither made it .

Comment

• Things are about to get crowded too with these stars coming up in the next few years:

2013: Craig Biggio, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Mike Piazza, Curt Schilling, Sammy Sosa
                2014: Tom Glavine, Jeff Kent, Greg Maddux, Mike Mussina, Kenny Rogers, Frank Thomas
                2015: Carlos Delgado, Randy Johnson, Pedro Martínez, Gary Sheffield, John Smoltz
                2016: Jim Edmonds, Ken Griffey, Jr., Trevor Hoffman, Andy Pettitte, Billy Wagner

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Which likely means the ones who didn't get in this year will likely not get in... though I think with Bagwell, he will eventually and Raines may be a Veteran Committee pick.

Comment

• Which of those up and coming folks do you suppose will get in on the first ballot?

Comment

• 2013 is very hard to say. Depends on what the writers want to do or if they want to punish. It's most controversial ever. Craig Biggio, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Mike Piazza, Curt Schilling, Sammy Sosa ALL SHOULD get in on the 1st ballot (yes, even Biggio - he did the little things insanely well during his career).

In 2014, Glavine, Maddux, and Thomas should get in on the 1st ballot.

In 2015, Martinez and Smoltz on the 1st ballot

2016, Griffey and Hoffman (though I wonder if some will reward Pettitte for being on the Yankees).

Comment

• i don't think any reliever has ever gone in on the first ballot.

Speaking of which, will Mariano ever retire? What is he, like 51?
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I wonder if Bonds, Clemens and Sosa will get "punished" by the voters.

Comment

• Oh, yeah. Count on it.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              i don't think any reliever has ever gone in on the first ballot.

Speaking of which, will Mariano ever retire? What is he, like 51?
                              Hey, the way he's pitching, he can probably go another 5 years.

Originally posted by demonbinder View Post
                              I wonder if Bonds, Clemens and Sosa will get "punished" by the voters.
                              Most likely, but to what impact. Bonds and Clemens may still make it in, but with 75%ish instead of 98%ish.

Comment

• I think Bonds and Clemens are sure-fire inductees, but not until their second year. I predict a significant number of writers will refuse to vote for them in their first year eligible.

Those who weren't obvious HOF material before the juice, like Sosa and McGwire, will likely have a longer wait.

Just my take on it; I can't support this with any actual facts. But fortunately, this is the Internet, so I don't have to.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X