No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And for the record if you look at post counts in this thread. You have 209 and the combined for myself, jr, ming and demonbinder is only 203. You should be directing the discussions better
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hey, the Japanese are just playing the free market as best they can . They got the rights to their players and they are selling their rights to the highest bidder.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        And for the record if you look at post counts in this thread. You have 209 and the combined for myself, jr, ming and demonbinder is only 203. You should be directing the discussions better
        Hey, I post article links, but there is only so much discussion you can lead .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          Oy, the Yu Darvish link gets no discussion, but this hardly of any consequence deal involving the Cubs gets posts and posts... saddens me.
          Is there a new development I missed? Or do you just mean that the Rangers got the rights to negotiate? If so, what's there to discuss? Folks can discuss whether the Cubs or the Marlins got the better end of the deal and all that. I don't htink anyone disputes whether Darvish would be a good pick up. Kudos to Texas.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think that paying all that money for the rights to negotiate is bull****. It sets precedence that the Rangers, for one, will come to regret.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• It does seem to shut a lot of teams out of the process.
              But baseball has pretty much embraced inequality for the smaller markets for years.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Sometimes it helps those small market teams to not be involved in the process. How much did the cubs pay for a few good months from Kosuke? It's a crap shoot where you pay twice as much when you lose. At least Darvish is younger than most that have gone through this process.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                  Is there a new development I missed? Or do you just mean that the Rangers got the rights to negotiate? If so, what's there to discuss? Folks can discuss whether the Cubs or the Marlins got the better end of the deal and all that. I don't htink anyone disputes whether Darvish would be a good pick up. Kudos to Texas.
                  There is the discussion on rights fees, which some have brought up. And also how this impacts the AL West race. Does the pendulum swing back to the Rangers, or are the Angels still ahead with Pujols and C.J. Wilson (which, of course, made Darvish the more important to get).

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    I think that paying all that money for the rights to negotiate is bull****. It sets precedence that the Rangers, for one, will come to regret.
                    On the other hand, if MLB teams are raiding from Japan, the Japanese leagues should recieve something. They can't recieve players (players aren't going to want to be traded to Japan), so money is the next thing.

Comment

• If the player is under contract, we shouldn't be able to raid them. If the player is not under contract they should be free to move, just like our players.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well, its basically a trade. However, instead of players its for money. That is how it works in the world of soccer, so its quite normal for the rest of the world to operate in that way.

Comment

• I don't quite see it like that since it just for the limited rights to negotiate. If it was for the actual player then I wouldn't dislike it so much.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well, you have to compensate the team first. After all in American trades, players heading the other way is the compensation. Of course because it is one economic unit (basically - Canada has slight differences but typically similar) the contract can transfer over. In the posting system (as well as soccer), there is a requirement that the player sign a new contract because it is a new party to the deal (ie, the other team).

At the very least, that means the traded player gets to have a say.

Comment

• I think of it more as free agency (assuming of course that the players current contract has expired and if it hasn't then the contract should be honored)
                              If not under contract he's free to go without any compensation to his previous team.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• All these players in the posting system are under contract but wish to be dealt to the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X