Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is the Anti-Clutch. Good riddance.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• He was also the Cubs' best player. And a significant upgrade for Milwaukee over Casey McGee. And if it ends up being $36 mil for 3 years, the Brewers didn't overpay either.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Good for them. Enjoy!
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And the Rangers aren't content with the Angels getting all the publicity this offseason (they are back to back American League Champs after all):

After all the waiting and twitter speculation, the Texas Rangers posted the highest bid for Japanese pitcher Yu Darvish, MLB announced on Monday night after Darvish's team in Japan accepted the bid.

They get to negotiate with Yu Darvish. I think he'll be amazing in the majors (he's no Daisuke Matsuzaka, IMO).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Cards sign Carlos Beltran to help ease the sting of Pujols for 2 years:

Free agent Carlos Beltran has reached an agreement on a two-year deal with the St. Louis Cardinals.

Comment

• Also Billy Beane does it again:

Oakland Athletics left-hander Gio Gonzalez, highly coveted by a number of teams, was dealt to the Washington Nationals Thursday for four prospects, a team source told ESPN Insider Keith Law.

Gio Gonzales for 4 highly touted prospects:

The Athletics will receive right-hander Brad Peacock, catcher Derek Norris, left-hander Tommy Milone and right-hander A.J. Cole.
              And Peacock, himself, may be as good as Gonzalez in a year, if not already.

Comment

• Stupid Nationals.

Tigers were interested in Gio too, but they were asking far too much for him. Looks like they found a sucker. Sadly, it is the other team I root for.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Though, on the bright side for the Nats, Strasburg, Zimmerman, and Gonzalez are a nice 1-2-3 punch and they are all young.

Comment

• Very true. And with Bryce Harper coming up they might actually pull off a winning season.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Unfortunately all this means the Mets are going to be even more horrible this season .

On the bright side, so will the Braves, who seemingly are being left behind this offseason in the NL East.

Comment

• Cubs definitely in a rebuilding mode, again.But I trust the new guys more than previous mgmt.

Comment

• Finally saw "Moneyball". Good flick.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Looks like Zambrano is gone (providing he waives his no trade clause).

Get MLB news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Hopefully, they will take some of his contract as well, but it probably won't be more than $5M. Bye, bye, Carlos. Don't let door hit you on way out (or maybe it should, HARD!!).

Comment

• If Theo can make him disappear, more power to him.

Now, can he do the same with a certain left fielder? Now THAT would be impressive...

Comment

• Zambrano trade to the Marlins is a done deal. Cubs get Chris Volstad in exchange for Z and 15 million dollars. Wow, $15M - that covers most of his owed salary, I believe!

A article at ESPNChicago.com says they Cubs are paying $15M of that salary. Oh, well.
                                Last edited by Demonbinder; January 5, 2012, 01:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X