MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN confirming it:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Wow, that's from left field. Interesting times.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Also, Yu Darvish is going to make the jump to the majors:

Japanese pitcher Yu Darvish ended months of speculation Thursday by saying he intends to make a move to Major League Baseball.

25 years old and already considered the best pitcher in Japan.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Angels also get C.J. Wilson - 5 years, 77.5 million. So the Angels just handed out $40.5 million a year for the next 5 years and then $25 million a year for the next 5 years after that within the span of an hour or so. Wow.

Comment

• it's too bad pujols did all his roids and hgh when he was younger
            now we wont get to watch his head grow for the next ten years like bonds' did
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              WHOA! Latest rumor is that Pujols is going the Angels for 10 years at $250-260 million.
              It's the best place for him. Cub fans rejoice, we only have to see him 3 games every two years.

Comment

• Tigers fans have to see him more now.

But yea, if he wants a no-trade contract for that long, it just makes sense for him to move to the AL. You can't blame the guy either, after his incredible career so far, to expect one of the largest contracts of all time. He is a certain hall of famer.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Pujols took out a full page ad in the St Louis Post-Dispatch:

Attached Files
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• CSN reporting that Ryan Braun testing positive for PED's. Took a second test which was negative and is appealing but quite a shocker if it proves true!!

Comment

• Yeah, a real shocker.

The Angels have screwed their future. They did even worse than Texas did by signing A-Rod. I'm pretty glad really.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Time will tell on this one. Obviously, the later years of the contract are a true waste, but on the other hand, it's just a way to spread the money over more years.
                        If he brings a WS to the team, he will be worth the money. He is one of the best hitters in baseball.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                          Time will tell on this one. Obviously, the later years of the contract are a true waste, but on the other hand, it's just a way to spread the money over more years.
                          If he brings a WS to the team, he will be worth the money. He is one of the best hitters in baseball.
                          That is basically right. The final years are really there simply to get the services at one of the greatest hitters in baseball history at the top of his game for 5ish years (and then very above average for another few years)

Comment

• The fact that he will be able to DH as he nears 40 is a huge plus.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Indeed! Makes far more sense for an AL team to offer him a long term deal.

Comment

• It seems to blunt losing Ryan Braun for 50 games next season as well as losing Prince Fielder, the Brewers have signed Aramis Ramirez to a 3 year deal:

Former Chicago Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez will sign a three-year contract with the Milwaukee Brewers, pending a physical, his agent tells The Associated Press.

Comment

Working...
                                X