No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't see a difference in losing your best player in the next round of Free Agency?

Say what you will about Michael Young, he is no where near the player Hanley Ramirez is and wouldn't fetch anywhere near the contract.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Really. I guess he has that "small market" stigma attached to him in some people's eyes.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Who, Hanley?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          I don't think it makes sense to piss off your biggest star, but whatev.
          I always thought it made a lot of sense if you were giving your team a better chance to win the WS.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hanley sucked this year. Screwed up my fantasy team.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
              I always thought it made a lot of sense if you were giving your team a better chance to win the WS.
              Yeah, if you are the Yankees and can plug and play players at a whim . Other teams have to give some considering of chemistry in the clubhouse.

Comment

• I think that is over-hyped. Winning makes good chemistry. Losing makes for bad chemistry.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It depends. Ask the Red Sox and Manny... he was most reigned in by bending over backwards to do what he wanted (and that resulted in lots of success), but in the end it was too much to constantly bend to his will so much and the clubhouse got sick of it.

I used to think that moving A-Rod, after the Yankees got him, instead of Jeter moving was ridiculous - but seeing the relative harmony of the team, I'm not exactly sure.
                  Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; December 6, 2011, 15:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    I used to think that moving A-Rod, after the Yankees got him, instead of Jeter moving was ridiculous - but seeing the relative harmony of the team, I'm not exactly sure.
                    Yea, that should have been the blueprint for the Marlins. Make the new guy switch positions, even if he has a better glove. Maybe reconsider later if it becomes an issue.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Tigers are making a strong push for Cespedes, who should give them the lead off speed they need. Plus I hear now they are making a strong push also for Gio Gonzales, even considering offering up their top prospect, Jacob Turner. Verlander, Gio, Fister, Scherzer, Porcello would be a sick rotation. Not one of them over 30.

Winter meetings are pretty awesome, haha. Especially when following up to the minute updates on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Is it actually possible the Buehrle is going to sign with Florida?
                        Seems like its a go.

And St Louis is offering Pujols a 10th year to match the Marlins. I think signing Buehrle is likely going to make Miami drop out of the Pujols race.

Comment

• Marlins are crazy though. They are going after Cespedes too. They are sniffing around just about every high profile target out there. I bet if they lose out on Pujols they'll go after Fielder next.

Comment

• Well apparently they may have the money. Hanley Ramirez, pissed at having to move to 3B, asked for a restructured contract (I'm guessing less years so he can get out faster). Miami got pissed at this and now are looking to trade Ramirez.

And yes, the Marlins are crazy as they are negotiating with C.J. Wilson as well.

Comment

• Building a Dream Team, i guess...
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• WHOA! Latest rumor is that Pujols is going the Angels for 10 years at $250-260 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X