No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not particularly a fan of the Phillys.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      Well this is interesting:

Jonathan Papelbon has agreed to a four-year, $50 million deal with the Phillies pending a physical, a source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com senior writer Jayson Stark on Friday.

Papelbon to the Phils. $50 million over 4 years... I think they are trying to be the NL version of the Yankees (if they weren't already).
      They definitely earned that reputation last year. But wow.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Marlins have made offers to Pujols, Buehrle, and Reyes...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
          They definitely earned that reputation last year. But wow.
          Well, one could see last year as "going all in". But it seemed that losing in the NLDS caused the Phils to think of perpetually going all in (a la Yankees and Red Sox).

As for the Marlins - I think they realize they likely won't get all (or even any) of the 3. It's more, IMO, a PR move to show that the bank is open in Miami.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• or just trying to get as much publicity as possible trying to fill the new stadium.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well isn't this interesting?

The St. Louis Cardinals are replacing a manager who's third on the career victory list with a man who'll be writing his first lineup card on opening day.

Mike Matheny is the Cardinals new manager. Going for LaRussa to a guy who never managed before... interesting.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Looks as though the Astros are on their way to the American League:

A person familiar with the negotiations tells The Associated Press that Major League Baseball only agreed to the pending sale of the Houston Astros to businessman Jim Crane after he agreed to move the team to the American League.

Comment

• Francona not going to manage next year. So it will probably be Maddux for Cubs?

Comment

• Maddux and Sveum are the frontrunner. Looks like Boston may pull the trigger first, and they seem to want Sveum.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• According to CSN Chicago, multiple reports from Milwaukee that Sveum has been offered job by Cubs. They pulled trigger first, maybe because Maddux doesn't want to move because of family?

Comment

• Unsurprisingly, Clayton Kershaw wins the NL Cy Young (though Halladay was excellent this year as well):

Surprised no one discussed Verlander's unanimous AL Cy Young.

Comment

• Sveum will be announced as Cubs manager tomorrow.

Comment

• Nice to know we finally hired a manager with major league managerial experience.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hey, he coached Brewers to the playoffs before.

Wonder what Ryno's reaction was to the hire?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                Looks as though the Astros are on their way to the American League:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/72...merican-league

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                Unsurprisingly, Clayton Kershaw wins the NL Cy Young (though Halladay was excellent this year as well):

Surprised no one discussed Verlander's unanimous AL Cy Young.
                                JV

Is this a good sign for the MVP?

His Cy Young was pretty much in the bag for a while now, so I'm not terribly interested/surprised in him getting it. I don't know off hand how common it is to be the unanimous pick. All I've really cared about award wise is that MVP.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X