No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he's smart, he'll just stay retired. Why would he come back? Money? Doubtful that he needs it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• What Slow said.

LaRussa is 67 - he could potentially make more money as a broadcast analyst than a manager.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Imran and Sloww agreeing... and me agreeing with them.

What is this world coming to?
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Cubs fire Quade. Cubs want someone with major league experience so no Sandberg (OK with me). Bernstein from Score says one of his sources says they have Francona as a target. On PTI yesterday or day before they said Cards also interested in him. So which one will get him? Does he want a team already set up or a rebuilding team and is money a factor?

Comment

• The Cardinals are just toying with the Cubs now:

The St. Louis Cardinals have received permission from the Philadelphia Phillies to interview Ryne Sandberg for their vacant managerial job, a baseball source familiar with the situation confirmed to ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.

Talking to Ryan Sandberg about their managerial position?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• "Ryne."

Sandberg has put in his time and deserves consideration...by anyone. I think he'll be a good manager if he gets a fair shot.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Considering that the Cubs will probably be "rebuilding" and are a few years away, i really wouldn't have minded Sandberg
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I guess multiple manager of the year awards in the minors doesn't count for anything. I would have liked him to be considered. It would really irritate me if he ended up being the manager of one our rivals for the next decade.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It may also depend on Sandberg's views on sabermetrics. Epstein is not having an anti-numbers manager.

Comment

• The excuse in the papers here said "lack of major league experience" was the criteria he failed.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Just an excuse. Bottom line: he's not Theo's guy.

Comment

• hey, if Theo and Ryno have different ways of looking at how to play the game, I don't want them paired together.

Comment

• The situational timing of those calls was critical
                            yup, Feldman should have been out of the inning down 1 run instead of 3. I got the impression the ump regretted calling a high strike (it was still a strike imo) on Molina and then wouldn't give him the next strike on the outside edge, and that was a strike too. So it was a walk and the 1st of 2 runs that should not have scored. Ouch!

I wanted the Cards to win but not that way, oh well, maybe they deserved it based on game 6

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
                              hey, if Theo and Ryno have different ways of looking at how to play the game, I don't want them paired together.
                              Of course that doesn't mean it can't work out. Billy Beane and Art Howe were a great pairing (maybe in spite of Howe, but those were the A's banner years).

Comment

• Well this is interesting:

Jonathan Papelbon has agreed to a four-year, $50 million deal with the Phillies pending a physical, a source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com senior writer Jayson Stark on Friday.

Papelbon to the Phils. $50 million over 4 years... I think they are trying to be the NL version of the Yankees (if they weren't already).

Comment

Working...
                                X