No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why is baseball boring all of a sudden?
    "

Comment

• Texas on the verge!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
        So why is baseball boring all of a sudden?
        In your case, because it's being watched by a dullard.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Texas on the verge!
          Great game as well! I'm amazed that Wilson let all those baserunners on, but only gave up 2 runs. Well done by him!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I loved the story that Tony couldn't communicate with the pen and that may have cost him the game.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Lots of sports radio chatter today about LaRussa's fail -- including analysis showing that his explanation of what happened is total BS as well. Inexcusable loss of focus from a guy who supposedly is the most observant, detail-obsessed manager in the game.

RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I like Ron Washington. The players love him.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• He's from what I call the Don Zimmer school of managing -- making calls straight from the gut, doing things that, by the book, should reduce his team's chances of winning. But it all seems to work out for him, time after time.

I kind of love when that happens.

Comment

• I like how he has them running. Now, that one guy for St. Louis that ran on his own and got thrown out, he might should be beat with a stick. Wasn't Pujols up to bat?

Comment

• Teams are cutting players to save money and maybe re-sign them at lower price. Can Cubs do that with anyone other than Ramirez?

Comment

• Who cares? The first couple years under Epstein will be about laying the foundation while waiting for all the bad money to expire. Getting rid of those contracts is strictly secondary.

Comment

• CRAP!

Weather forecast postpones Game 6 of Series
                          Rangers-Cards to resume play Thursday night at Busch Stadium
                          By Barry M. Bloom / MLB.com | 10/26/11 3:15 PM ET

ST. LOUIS -- Wednesday night's Game 6 of the World Series between the Cardinals and Rangers at Busch Stadium has been postponed because of rainy weather, Major League Baseball announced.

It has been rescheduled for Thursday night at 7:05 p.m. CT, when forecasts say there is a 10 percent chance of precipitation at game time, although the temperature could dip below 40 degrees. Game 7, if necessary, would be pushed back to Friday night at the same time. The Rangers lead the best-of-seven Series 3-2 and have the opportunity to win their first Fall Classic.

Rain began falling lightly at noon on Wednesday and internal forecasts provided by MLB called for precipitation to continue all day, becoming heavy after 4 p.m.

Comment

• Won't this nightmare ever end!
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Quit whimpering. It ends after 6 games, just like Nolan Ryan predicted.

I hope.

Crap.
                              Last edited by SlowwHand; October 28, 2011, 00:42.

Comment

• Oh, ****. It doesn't look like it will end

Comment

Working...
                                X