No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about time that the leagues were equalized (probably Milwaukee should never have been asked to move to the NL, but whatev).

I think it is so they can do their 2 Wildcard thing (I already hate the 1 WC, so this isn't better)
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The Astros are a semi-disaster anyway; no reason to wait.

What I'm curious about (though not curious enough to research) would be the scheduling.

And I agree that two WCs would be a disaster -- unless they shorten the season, say a return to 154. It would create more relevant games toward the dog-days end of the season. Just don't extend the calendar!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I think they are talking about make interleague play year round.
        "

Comment

• Boooo! Even worse!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUU
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Way too nervve wracking.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                The Astros are a semi-disaster anyway; no reason to wait.

What I'm curious about (though not curious enough to research) would be the scheduling.

And I agree that two WCs would be a disaster -- unless they shorten the season, say a return to 154. It would create more relevant games toward the dog-days end of the season. Just don't extend the calendar!
                I heard it won't be next season, but for 2013. Also, they'd just have a one game playoff for the two wildcard teams, so it wouldn't extend the season by much at all. My only concern with it would be the arbitrariness of a one game playoff deciding who gets in and who doesn't.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• If Houston really goes to the AL West, it will break all precedence.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Why?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well, it would mean no ML pitcher would ever bat in the state of Texas...
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Brewers!
                        Badgers!
                        Bears!

Well, two out of three aint bad.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Well, it would mean no ML pitcher would ever bat in the state of Texas...
                          *shrug*

Comment

• You know what I dislike most about the move? I'll have see that hill in centerfield like 10 games a year, instead of never.
                            "

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              Why?
                              Why? Name another instance where a state has two teams in the same division. Cubs and Sox? No. Giants and Jets? No. Mets and Yankees? No. Dodgers and Giants? Again, no. I can't believe you asked "Why".
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Yeah, it will be pretty awesome for Texas fans.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X