No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He thinks of them as young whipper snappers who need to get off his lawn...
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• JV going for 20 tomorrow.

It'll be on Fox too, so unless Irene kills my power I'll get a rare opportunity to watch.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• My TV says that Fox is showing STL vs. PIT.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• ****. Mine is showing Braves-Mets. When they said national, I thought it really was national.

I think my aunt, uncle & cousin might be at the game though. Not that it helps me any.

Comment

• ****!!!! The guide now lists the Tigers game being on, but the news seems to have preempted it for hurricane coverage.

Comment

• Social media actually did me some good. Fox5 kept advertising that they had a live chat on their site to talk about the hurricane. I joined in to troll them about not showing the baseball game. Then the moderator said the game was moved to My20. Yay!!!!

4-2 Tigers. Go Verlander!

Comment

• GAH

Why couldn't that Tigers game have been televised on WGN? ****!

Down 8-1, and win it with two outs in the bottom of the ninth with a pair of HRs?!

I honestly don't think they're getting far in the playoffs, IF they actually manage not to blow their September lead again, but they are starting to feel like a team of destiny, aren't they? This game, the Austin Jackson-to-Alex Avila double play game, Verlander becoming a demigod...

Comment

• "a team of destiny"

"Verlander becoming a demigod..."

No, He's basically the same pitcher he's always been. He's just gotten lucky with the Wins and ERA this year.
                  "

Comment

• lol wut

Comment

• He's had a career low BABIP this year and a career high LOB%, both of which are out of his control.

And by "always been" I mean since 2009
                      "

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        GAH

Why couldn't that Tigers game have been televised on WGN? ****!

Down 8-1, and win it with two outs in the bottom of the ninth with a pair of HRs?!

I honestly don't think they're getting far in the playoffs, IF they actually manage not to blow their September lead again, but they are starting to feel like a team of destiny, aren't they? This game, the Austin Jackson-to-Alex Avila double play game, Verlander becoming a demigod...
                        Wow! I was all excited earlier today knowing they were playing the Sox and that I might be able to find it on WGN. I looked for it this afternoon, but they had fricken Law & Order on. *sigh* Probably for the best though since I had a date tonight and would have had to leave in the middle of the game, I would have kicked myself for missing that epic comeback.

No idea about team of destiny. If anything they were the team of destiny in '06, but couldn't quite finish it. Either way, great season and I hope they can finish strong and both get in the playoffs and put up a good fight when they get there.

Comment

• Crap, I guess this means they won't have tomorrow's game either:
                          CHICAGO — Four days of meetings start Monday when the public will be able to testify about jet noise and air pollution related to the expansion of O’Hare International Airport. The Fede…

I'll be sure to tune in on the 12th. My Slingbox hasn't been working all summer, so I haven't been able to catch many games unfortunately. I'll be back by my parents later this month and we'll try to fix the Slingbox then. At least it'll be fixed in time for the Lions.

Comment

• They pretty much wrapped it up today. That was a message game if ever I saw one.

Epic meltdown for the Sox.

In fact, both Chicago closers served up game-winning HRs today.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Tigers-Sox on ESPN tonight, I believe.

Verlander has already matched last season's output in IP. He has slightly increased Ks (224-219), but markedly fewer BBs (49-71) and hits (154-190), while dropping both his WHIP (0.91!-1.16) and ERA (2.34-3.37), all while actually giving up more HRs (20-14) in front of a mediocre defensive baseball team.

He currently leads the AL in wins, strikeouts, ERA, WHIP, IP, and hitters ****ting themselves.

That is not luck. He is having a monster season based on his skills. He may never pitch this well again, but it ain't luck.

Comment

• Plus a no-hitter and a couple other close calls.

Great to hear about ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                                X