No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Carlos Beltran is traveling to San Francisco. The Mets get uber prospect Zach Wheeler in return
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I doubt that anyone had him in the Dead Pool, so I'll post it here.

Associated Press

Posted on July 29, 2011 at 9:45 AM

LOS ANGELES -- Former New York Yankees pitcher Hideki Irabu was found dead of an apparent suicide in the wealthy Los Angeles suburb of Rancho Palos Verdes, authorities said Thursday.

The body of Irabu, 42, was found at 4:25 p.m. PDT Wednesday, county sheriff’s Sgt. Michael Arriaga said.

"He was found dead by an apparent suicide," he said.

Irabu lived in Rancho Palos Verdes but it was not immediately clear whether it was his home, the sergeant said.

Other details were not immediately released.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The Phillies, not content with having the best record in baseball, decide to get Hunter Pence as well.

The Phillies completed a deal Friday to acquire Houston's All-Star rightfielder Hunter Pence for four prospects.

Houston gets a couple of star prospects in return and another decent prospect with a player to be named.

Damn Phillies.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• The Phillies are like blancmanges from outer space: They mean to win Wimbledon!

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I've been watching an amazing pitching duel in Detroit. Verlander vs. Weaver. Weaver has made one mistake, and Maggs took it deep, giving the Tigers a 2-0 lead.

Verlander has a(nother) no-hitter through seven.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Yikes!

Guillen took Weaver deep, showboated, Weaver jawed at him, got warned by the ump, and his next pitch was at Avila's head. Weaver just got tossed.

Comment

• Angels bunt on first pitch of 8th, Verlander throws it away, reaches second. Error.

I think baseball ethics are gone now, between all the jawing and trash-talking, head-hunting, and now trying for a bunt-single to break up a no-hitter...

Comment

• Ugly attempted rundown, another E-1 on Verlander allows run to score and another runner to second, still no hits, one out in 8th.

Comment

• 8th K for JV, and then Izturis singles to left and scores the run.

3-2 Tigers.

Comment

• Lots of action on the last day of the trade deadline.

Ubaldo Jimenez is the biggest name traded, as the Indians pull off a coup to get him.

And Colby Rasmus, of course, headed to Toronto, while Edwin Jackson went to the Cardinals. The Cards weren't done as they picked up Rafael Furcal to shore up a bad SS hole.

The Rangers really shored up their bullpen by getting Koji Uehera and Mike Adams. Along with having Neftali Feliz, they may have just obtained the best bullpen in baseball.

Pirates add Ryan Ludwick to Derrick Lee as their offensive acquisitions. Neither have been hitting great, but based on the way the Pirates are hitting, both will be welcome.

The Braves try to match the Phillies by picking up speedy CF, Michael Bourn from the Astroes.

The Red Sox get oft-injured Eric Bedard from the M's for 4 hitting prospects (3 went to the Dodgers for a hitting prospect that went to the M's).

Comment

• Is A-Rod going to be in big trouble with league? He's been warned about this before.

Comment

• I understand rules against players betting on games, but is there a ban on poker? Why does anyone care?
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• This is crazy - The Atlanta Braves would be in 1st place in every division except the AL East and NL East, and they are 8 games behind the Phillies. Unreal.

Comment

• Phillies are monsters this year.

Also, after being neck and neck (or worse) all season, Detroit has opened up the second largest division lead in the majors. 4 games ahead of Cleveland.

Could they be on their way for their first division title since 1987?
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• You just ****ing jinxed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X