MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    I could care less about your fantasy team (no offense, of course) . I just think the real game is far more interesting...

In the first place, to say it correctly, it's "I couldn't care less". I'm sure you can see the difference.
    In the second place, you don't have to be such a crab ass to Berz.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• It's said both ways (the I could has more Google results than I couldn't). Regardless of the meaning of the words.

Secondly, this isn't a fantasy thread .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• What a great year to be a contender with Cubs games left on your schedule...
        Beneficiaries: St. Louis, Cinci, Atlanta, San Diego, San Francisco. So it's pretty even except for the East, where Philly will be denied any free wins while the Braves get 3 more this weekend.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Today's game is an excellent example. You're welcome, Atlanta.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• OF Manny Ramirez was placed on waivers Wednesday, according to multiple media outlets.
            Stephen Strasburg will have a second MRI exam Thursday to determine exactly what is wrong with the Washington Nationals' rookie ace. Strasburg was put on the 15-day disabled list Monday with what the team termed a right strained flexor tendon in his forearm.
            Now my trade of Cliff Lee for these two is officially the worst trade that I ever made.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Strasburg has a torn elbow ligament:

He will have Tommy John surgery and will likely be out all of next season. This is why you don't spend a ton on pitching prospects and why you are so careful with them.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Ouch!
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Now my trade of Cliff Lee for these two is officially the worst trade that I ever made.
                  Well, yeah. But it looked fair at the time. Cliff Lee was coming back from injury, Manny was hitting well, and Strasburg was absolutely dominating in the minors.
                  "

Comment

• Yes, it was fair. I'd never really seen Lee pitch. The guy is awesome. For some reason, he hasn't been getting run support when he pitches, but everyone expects 8 innings from him. He definitely throws strikes.

Comment

• wow, there is one helluva battle for 3rd and 4th - 5 people with a chance at 2 spots

Comment

• I got the 3rd spot rapt up.
                        "

Comment

• Back off, its mine now.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• meanwhile me and the italian are running away with it

Comment

• The Boston Red Sox are tied for the 4th best record in the American League.... and they are 8 games out of 1st Place in the AL East and 7 games out of the Wild Card (due to the 2nd best record team in the AL East). Unbelievable just how far ahead of everyone the Yankees and Rays are right now.

Comment

• Torre to step down at the end of this season - Mattingly to take over for him - after a highly disappointing season:

Don Mattingly will replace Joe Torre as Dodgers manager at the end of the season.

---

Also with 16-17 games to go (depending on the team), the AL playoffs are virtually locked up with New York, Tampa, Minnesota, and Texas well in front. The only question seems to be who will in the AL East? Tampa has an easier schedule.

The NL is more interesting. Cincinatti looks like the only lock (The Reds? Really... how did that happen?). Philly has a small lead over the Braves and the NL West is all sorts of fun with the Giants have a half game lead over the fading San Diego and a 2.5 game lead over the Rockies. And in the Wild Card, the Braves have the same record as the Giants, so the Pads and Rockies are the same number of games behind. Should be a fun final few weeks in the NL!

Comment

Working...
                                X