No announcement yet.

2010 Fantasy Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. I think it was classy. But I would have just withdrawn and conceded it.
    I don't he was egotistical since I don't think he was assuming he would win. I'll believe that he just didn't want to try.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why the hell should this guy come under fire? What he did was, if anything, classy. If he's willing to give up the medalist title, doing a solid for a fellow competitor -- and it can't cost anything to your team... what's the problem?

I would have asked to make sure the other guy gets screwed if he loses the playoff before conceding (throwing) the hole. (In HS cross country, for instance, the highest finisher in the top 10 not otherwise qualified would get to go to the state finals.)
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

They were all "this isn't competitive spirit", "he embarrassed the other guy", and comments along the lines of he was doing it for the attention.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Yeah, I've been hearing all this crap on the radio about "eroding competitive sports" and such. Give me a break. It was one kid's decision to be a nice guy. Where's the harm?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Agreed
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok, rah was right on the ego thing (I wasn't sure).

[...]
              "I talked with my team about it. The whole goal of the conference tournament is to advance to nationals. As soon as I had done that, not a whole lot else made a difference to me. And the kid has earned his spot, as everyone else did in the tournament. That's my position on it."

Whybark emphasized that no other golfer missed a chance to advance to the national tournament because of his action.

"It came down to whoever won the playoff hole," Whybark said. "If I won, Seth didn't get to go. If he won, he got to go. That's where we were at.

"It was Seth or nobody."

Whybark, who was told that the overall individual winner earned a spot in nationals before the playoff with Doran began, hit his tee shot out of bounds on the first playoff hole at Heritage Bluffs Public Golf Club. Doran made par to advance.

"Originally, I thought he was in as well as me," Whybark said. "I thought it was the low medalist outside of the winning team. I made the comment to him on the tee, 'We're both in, right?' That's the first thing I said to him on the tee. And he said, 'I don't know.' And his coach said that, too.

"And we waited for my coach to come down and tell us whether we're both in, or not. And I said, 'That's kind of stupid to even be out here if we're both not in.' And he kind of looked at me and shook his head."

St. Francis advanced as a team to nationals for the second straight year, and Whybark said he and his team believed Doran also deserved to go.

"Seth was elated, I'm sure, to get into the tournament," Whybark said. "Like I said, I feel -- and I feel my team knows it as well as I do -- that he earned the spot fairly.

"He beat me on the hole."

When reminded that Doran won only because Whybark hit his ball out of bounds, Whybark said: "That's not to say he wouldn't have beat me anyway."
              [...]
              Link
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

A class act all around. The talking heads on sports radio can shove it
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"It was Seth or nobody."
                  cool

Comment

Ramsey takes the lead with a kick ass 2nd day, but will it hold up? Not without a C player
                    Unless Lee can take 1 or 2

Comment

and congrats to epw on a significant victory, a clear win over 2-3 and big gains on the rest of the pack

Comment

I'm really glad I played Tiger this week...
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

nice 1st day epw, and congrats to rabbit for the 4 sub par rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                            no, they wouldn't be using loinburger

wtf, who are you damnit?
                            I am Skyfish

I have been a member forever here as you can see on my profile, its only because you guys are a bunch of noobs that you dont know me

Missing the first tournament has killed my chances here, I so much regret it. I joined this league because I had won my league 3 years in a row (you can check in my Yahoo profile) and last year was in the 92 percentile on Yahoo so I thought I could play.
                            However am taking a proper beating in this league, I apologize for being such a poor competitor this year... I feel like Tiger

Comment

impressive trophy case at yahoo, but who were you in previous poly incarnations? Anyway, glad to have you in the league. Feel free to invite any people in your other league(s) for next year, or they can probably still join for the summer segment.

Comment

congrats to Ramsey on winning the week

Comment

Working...
                                X