• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, that reminds me of a quote from John Kruk

I'm not an athlete, I'm a ballplayer

if athletes play sports, golf and baseball aint sports

Comment

I don't really mean to beat a dead horse, but what do you think of Nike's Tiger Woods commercial?
      I like it. I pretty much felt he was a dickhead. I think this is sincere. I don't think he would use his father lightly.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        I think the mental aspect is much harder but that's open to discussion.
        I would agree that pro golfing may be more stressful anything except pitching, which causes a fatigue all it's own.

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
        ok, that reminds me of a quote from John Kruk

I'm not an athlete, I'm a ballplayer

if athletes play sports, golf and baseball aint sports
        I'm willing to accept the revised criteria, but my original assertion was maximum velocity, not exertion

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        I don't really mean to beat a dead horse, but what do you think of Nike's Tiger Woods commercial?
        I like it. I pretty much felt he was a dickhead. I think this is sincere. I don't think he would use his father lightly.
        Circumstances aren't light, so I think he would use his father to salvage/rebuild what he can. I have always thought of Tiger as fake. Nothing he has done or said since his little incident have changed my mind.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Anyone can still join

Comment

strickers ne

Comment

Crap, didn't check last night.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When I set my team on Wednesday, some of the experts were suggesting Strickers... and he wasn't available
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

congrats Oerdin, yer 1st win I believe

Comment

and extended congrats to Oerdin, off to a hefty 1 day lead

and half my team is ne doh! I forgot

Comment

and extended congrats to Oerdin, off to a hefty 1 day lead

and half my team is ne doh! I forgot
                      It's not Oerdin... the name of the team fooled me. If you will notice, the name of team has changed, and I'm assuming it's Skyfish... since that is the name of the account linked to the team.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

you must be right, Oerdin would have posted something by now. Maybe our mystery manager is from ffz after all

Comment

no, they wouldn't be using loinburger

wtf, who are you damnit?

Comment

you must be right, Oerdin would have posted something by now. Maybe our mystery manager is from ffz after all

If you will note post 44 in this thread by Skyfish, and the fact the account at yahoo is a "skyfish" I highly doubt they are from ffz... but being a settler, it could just be a new guy or simply somebodies DL here
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Obviously someone here who doesn't want to "come out" as liking golf.

It's OK, brutha, we support your sickness!!
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's not me (I freely admit I find golf occasionally interesting, Tiger Woods coverage excepted because I never liked him and like him even less now).

But what's y'alls take on this? Link
                                The Forecaddie isn’t afraid to admit that he has hit a ball or three out of bounds in his day. He even salutes them on their wayward flights with a loud “Oscar Bravo!”

But he never has hit a ball OB on the first playoff hole to determine a championship. And he never has done it intentionally, either.

That’s what Grant Whybark, a sophomore at St. Francis University in Joliet, Ill., did on the first playoff hole in the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship at Heritage Bluffs Golf Club. And frankly, it’s one of the classiest moves The Man Out Front ever has witnessed.

The skinny: The winning team and individual from the conference championship advance to the NAIA national championship May 18-21 at TPC at Deere Run in Silvis, Ill. St. Francis captured the team title in the 36-hole event, meaning Whybark and his four teammates already had their tickets. Whybark also tied for the individual crown with Seth Doran of Olivet Nazarene, meaning a playoff was in order.

On the first playoff hole, Whybark was informed the winner would garner the conference’s individual spot for nationals. He already was going.

“We all know Seth very well,” Whybark explains, “and he not only is a very good player, but a great person as well. He’s a senior and had never been to nationals. Somehow, it just wasn’t in my heart to try to knock him out.”

What did Whybark do? He addressed his ball, aimed right, and proceeded to hit his tee shot 40 yards askew of the fairway onto the practice range, which was out of bounds. He would make double bogey; Doran made par and is headed to nationals.

“I think some people were surprised,” Whybark tells The Forecaddie, “but my team knew what I was doing and were supportive of me. I felt Seth deserved to go (to nationals) just as much as I did.

“It was one of those things where I couldn’t feel good taking something from him like this. My goal from the start was to get (to nationals) with my team. I had already done that.”

Even on the smallest stage, it’s good to know the gentleman’s game is alive and well.
                                I was listening/watching Mike and Mike this morning and they trashed the intentional loser guy pretty well, saying that he should have tried to win or at the very least play like he was trying to win. I disagree strongly with the latter. Our society is already deceptive as hell, why add to it? Besides, if I'm the other guy, I'd rather know that you're throwing the game up front rather than hear about it years later. It is rather egotistical of the guy to think he was going to win the playoff though (unless he only misspoke). Of course, winning the playoff with such shenanigans would have been ideal.
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X