Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rugby - 6 Nations, Heineken Cup, You Can't Beat A Northern Hemisphere Winter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have been all season so far.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• There must surely be some ready jokes about an Aussie in therapy - but I'll spare you gents.
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Well, he's a Kiwi, after all.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Dupuy given a 24 week ban.

Now, why couldn't they have managed a ban like that for Burger?

Comment

• An anti-French conspiracy according to Stade. Or, at least, according to the nutter who owns them and makes them play in those pink outfits.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• I saw Leinster - Llanelli Scarlets.
              Leinster was clearly one level above the Scarlets. The try Llanelli managed to score was lucky and due to a poor defensive day by the Irish fullback. If Scarlets had been a little bit more clever, they could have tried kicking up and unders upon him, as he fumbled the first two balls he had to catch. It couldn't have been worse than what they did. Leinster were very impressive, not only the backs, but also the forwards, which I wasn't used to.
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• I saw Treviso -v- Saints. Saints fell over the line thanks to the dodgiest of TMO calls on a try that obviously wasn't and some appalling Treviso goal kicking. Treviso played very well. Amazing that the match was even played. It was about minus 5C and an army of Italian eager beavers cleared about 2 feet of snow from the pitch to allow the game to start.

Now I'll go and read about Leicester falling over the line against Clermont.

Comment

• Perpignan got exactly what they deserved. Munster were as clinical as Perpignan weren't. They were scrappy and sloppy. How many more times was the full back Burger going to pass the ball straight into touch when the try line beckoned?

Comment

• Billy Twelvetrees

Now, I've only seen this guy play once and he appeared to be a very good player.

Those who know Leicester Tigers better than I do...what is he really like? Why don't we see him often on the 1st team sheet?

Comment

• He's injured at the moment, isn't he? According to Havak, he was, at one point, told he didn't have a future at Leicester. I think he was brought back from loan to one of the lower clubs when Leicester were struggling with injuries. I've only seen him once. He made little impression at #12, but showed nice hands and skills when he finished up covering at #10.

Did you forget to mention Sale -v- Quins?

Comment

• He had an ankle injury but I think he is now fit again - fairly sure he has played for the A side several times this month.

He was loaned to Bedford and indeed was also told he had no future at Tigers. He had a great season at Bedford (scored four tries on debut!) and so Tigers changed their mind. The boy has talent - I'm sure he will feature in the first XV again fairly soon.

I'd expect him to feature in the last two HC pool games (the Ospreys game having been his high point).

Anti-french? Not a very helpful comment was it?

Comment

• Perpignan were indeed crap. They didn't try to occupy the field and let Munster play the game they like. The French ball handling in the backline was very approximative. Burger hasn't started very often this year, which may explain he had trouble finding his partners, but having players who are unable to play with their teammates is ridiculous in rugby, at any level. What do they train for?
                          Clash of Civilization team member
                          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Munster's scrum should be an ongoing concern for them, though.

Comment

• Good grief. Who's pulling the strings at Cardiff? First, they sign Sam Norton-Knight from the Waratahs as a #10. He only ever filled in as a #10 at the Brumbies and Waratahs. It was his dream to play there, but a fundamental lack of the appropriate skills stopped him. Somehow, he convinced Cardiff he was a #10. And he's been, predictably, an abject failure. Now they seem to be signing Dan Parks from Glasgow, who, despite his however-many Scotland outings, is average at best. Very odd.

Comment

• Dai Young spent his career on the tight head - how could he be expected to assess a decent half back?

Best wishes to all for this holiday season - whatever your personal beliefs. I am at the start of a five day cycle of visits and hosting, might not even get to see any rugby (for shame!).

Comment

Working...
                                X