Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    You're going on ignore for that comment.

QFMFT
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Put Nebraska in the Colonial Athletic Association. They haven't been worth a crap with real schools since Osborne left.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Be still my beating heart!

Sources: Big Ten may become Big 14

Don't discount this: the Big 14. Seriously. Multiple Big Ten sources told the Tribune Wednesday that 14 teams, even 16, could be in play as it relates to the Big Ten's potential expansion. "Anything is possible," one source said, beyond the conventional wisdom of simply adding a 12th school.

Explore the pulse of the sports world with FanNation, brought to you by Sports Illustrated. Engage with top stories, expert insights, and curated content from all major sports teams and leagues, all in one dynamic platform.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Uggg.

Might as well just split into two seperate conferences altogether. Although, if we must have a conference championship game (and I ****ing hate them), it'd be better to have 16 teams, rather than 12.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Here's the reason why the Big Ten needs to move to 14 teams if it wants Missouri or Nebraska...

Border War (Kansas-Missouri Rivalry)
            Played 118 times since 1891; second-most-played rivalry in FBS college football.

Kansas-Nebraska Rivalry
            Played 116 times since 1892; third-most-played rivalry in FBS college football.

Missouri-Nebraska Rivalry
            Played 103 times since 1892; third oldest rivalry west of the Mississippi River.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              The only perfect choice would be Notre Dame, but that dog won't hunt.
              . . .

Originally posted by Today from Jack Swarbrick, ND Athletic Director
              Independence is such a part of our tradition, we are loathe to let it go.
              Taking a look at the matchups, ND has very little history playing most of the teams in the Big 10.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Pick us, Big Ten. Notre Dame will be fine in the Big East when they finally read the writing on the wall.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Behold! A 14-team Big Ten Conference!

And yes, I am aware that I have too much free time on my hands.
                  Last edited by Drake Tungsten; December 18, 2009, 05:09.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• That idea is growing on me. The balance of power is still in the East, but Iowa and Wisky aren't a bad backup for the Huskers.

Comment

• It's better not to split Michigan and Ohio State up, believe me. You don't want to end up like Nebraska and Oklahoma...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It's a better balance for basketball than for football, but its acceptable.

In other news, apparently time travel has been perfected in West Virginia, of all places. The article title on MSNBC.com:

"Marshall signs Doc Holliday to 5-year deal"

Comment

• Doc Holliday is a pretty well-known assistant coach, although I'm blanking on his former employer at the moment.

edit: Oh yeah, he was associate head coach under Stewart at West Virginia...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                            You don't want to end up like Nebraska and Oklahoma...
                            Have they played each other before?
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Have they played each other before?

Only 85 times.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Could have been a good rivalry with another decade or two of games. And now Nebraska has no one of significance to play
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X