Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are ignoring the ND magic

The magic that causes careers to fade and die as unrealistic expectations fail to be met.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• No the magic that would allow ND to be the only team in the country that could have 2 losses and still be considered for the championship.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I feel bad for the Cincy players. Here they are getting ready for a high-profile bowl game, and they now feel betrayed by their coach. Several of them said he had indicated as recently as a week ago that he was planning to stay in Cincy, despite him having to have known he was a real possibility for ND.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• What's he supposed to say? If there was a class it would team him to say that.

But I do agree that they should feel betrayed.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• While I do feel sorry for them... it's just the way things work out. If any of those "players' had the choice to jump to the NFL early and get their big pay day, I bet the majority of them would do it. Pretty much the same thing... sure, I know that would happen AFTER the bowl game, and this was before, but still... as pointed out, that's how it's done with coaches.

Sure it's tough on the kids... But it's also tough on the coach when underclassman split... People will do what they think they need to do.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yes, unfortunately, this is just the way these things work. He didn't coach the bowl game when he left CMU to be the coach at Cincy.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• More coaching rumors: It appears that Harbaugh of Stanford may soon be Kansas' coach. Though nothing set in stone yet.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Why would he take that job over Stanford?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Less stringent academic standards? $$?

Comment

• I don't buy it. Stanford's a better job than Kansas.

Comment

• Re Kelly not being able to coach Cincy in the Sugar Bowl this year...

They deserve it after what they did to ND.
                        by shadyirish (2009-12-11 15:58:44)

They stole Rick Minter from us in 1994. No great loss you say. True. But consider, if they hadn't, Bob Davie would never have set foot on ND's campus. Bob Davie never sets foot on campus, Bob Davie never stabs Lou in the back. Bob Davie never becomes ND's head coach. Ty Willingham never succeeds Bob Davie, Weis never succeeds Ty. That's right! UC's treachery nearly destroyed ND football, but our rebirth will be their undoing! The tears of the Bearcats are a sweet, sweet salve for our many wounds. Vengeance is finally ours.

Comment

• Now that's funny...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• No, the only funny thing is that ANYONE thinks that Notre Dame is anything other than a joke of a football program, whose only chance at the BCS is their ridiculous agreement

Let's say that enough ND games went the other way to give ND a 10-2 record this season, which, let's face it, would give them a BCS appearance. Just exactly what current BCS Bowl team would they have a shot against? What team would they not be like a 3 TD underdog against? Notre Dame
                            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I'm still amazed at how a lot becomes nothing to some people.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                I mean Hell, Dan... the coach of the year award is NAMED the Bear Bryant Award!
                                Another useless trivia moment: one item in the silent auction at this year's Bryant Award banquet is a football I bought and had signed (at the request of a family friend working to put the auction together, not because I'm that douchey) by the senior partner at my firm, who quarterbacked two Bryant teams to national championships. It saddens me, given my Auburn allegiance, to have had a hand in that, but I can count it as my good deed for the year.
                                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X