Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must be the only one who actually watched Patterson on ESPN's bowl selection special.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
      I must be the only one who actually watched Patterson on ESPN's bowl selection special.
      No... millions watched him. And you are probably one of the few that think he would rather be playing in any big bowl so he can get a big PAY DAY (Yeah, like money was even on his mind), instead of the championship game.
      What a Moron...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• TCU is not winning the AP Poll for ****'s sake, Sloww!!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          No... millions watched him. And you are probably one of the few that think he would rather be playing in any big bowl so he can get a big PAY DAY (Yeah, like money was even on his mind), instead of the championship game.
          What a Moron...
          Or he thinks Patterson is simply being realistic and understanding that his strength of schedule was not really close to Alabama or Texas's.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I didn't say they were.

"That's what I told them, I said our whole deal is we're going to have to show the nation in this next bowl game that we belong, that we're one of the top two teams in the nation," Patterson said. "You can still win the AP,
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• All his talk about playing for a championship shows he thinks he deserves the chance.

And the ****ed up BCS system isn't giving him the chance. Only in the mickey mouse world of the BCS does a major sport allow others to determine who the champion is, unlike in real sports where it's determined on the field.
              Again, there might be three undefeated teams after it's all done. What a BS system. And Drake actually supports it... What a moron.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Exactly. Patterson knows someone is going to get ****ed.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Yes, the "champion" is determined on the field in a playoff. Doesn't necessarily make it so the best team is honored (every once in a while that does happen though).

Personally, I say let the BCS do what it was supposed to. Match #1 vs. #2. And then have the rest of the bowls go back to traditional matchups.

Comment

• Or he thinks Patterson is simply being realistic and understanding that his strength of schedule was not really close to Alabama or Texas's.

Yes. Patterson also sounded like he understood that a good performance in the Fiesta Bowl would earn TCU the respect needed to compete for national titles in the future.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I could probably be talked into Boise being ranked higher than TCU due to their 13-0 vs. 12-0.

Comment

• Why don't you use the BCS rankings, Sloww (I actually know why, it's just rhetorical Sloww)?

1 Alabama 13-0
                        2 Texas 13-0
                        3 Cincinnati 12-0
                        4 TCU 12-0
                        5 Florida 12-1
                        6 Boise State 13-0
                        7 Oregon 10-2
                        8 Ohio State 10-2
                        9 Georgia Tech 11-2
                        10 Iowa 10-2

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Why don't you use the BCS rankings, Sloww (I actually know why, it's just rhetorical Sloww)?

1 Alabama 13-0
                          2 Texas 13-0
                          3 Cincinnati 12-0
                          4 TCU 12-0
                          5 Florida 12-1
                          6 Boise State 13-0
                          7 Oregon 10-2
                          8 Ohio State 10-2
                          9 Georgia Tech 11-2
                          10 Iowa 10-2
                          Why don't you?
                          13-0, do you not see it? And yes, certainly above Cincinnati, your current love child.
                          Florida is a joke.

Comment

• How moronic letting the computers, a bunch of different "polls", and an outdated bowl system determine who the champion can be. A bunch of outsiders (besides the coaches poll) determining the potential champion is just so stupid. No other REAL sport allows that kind of crap.

Again... there could be three undefeated teams when it's all over. Every one of them could "claim" to be the best... but nobody will really know. Because it was determined by polls and not by playing the game.

But go ahead and continue to support that kind of BS...
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• No other REAL sport allows that kind of crap.

Go watch a "real" sport, then.

Every one of them could "claim" to be the best... but nobody will really know.

So it'll be like every other season in the history of college football. What a tragedy.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• "No other real sport", Drake. You continue to butcher posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X