Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    No. 6 Iowa 15 (8-0) , Michigan State 13 (4-4)
    Iowa is really smoking, aren't they?

No. 8 TCU 38 (7-0) , No. 16 Brigham Young 7 (6-2)
    looks a hell of a lot more impressive, for example.
    Iowa has beaten three opponents currently ranked in the Top 25, two of them on the road: 21-10 at Penn State, 20-10 at Wisconsin, 27-17 vs. Arizona. They also have road wins against decent Michigan State (15-13) and Iowa State (35-3) teams. You bet your ass they've been impressive. Not the best, but the most deserving. The season isn't over yet.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Incidentally, I was just going over league standings... what the hell is going on in the ACC? Duke is 2-1 in conference, 4-3 overall? ****ing DUKE?

Comment

Also, Drake:

Since the jig is now officially up, and everyone knows you're just copying the Sagarin "Predictor" rankings, why not come up with your own? Especially since you've said the most deserving teams should be rewarded, as opposed to the best teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Iowa has beaten three opponents currently ranked in the Top 25, two of them on the road: 21-10 at Penn State, 20-10 at Wisconsin, 27-17 vs. Arizona. They also have road wins against decent Michigan State (15-13) and Iowa State (35-3) teams. You bet your ass they've been impressive. Not the best, but the most deserving. The season isn't over yet.
          Also if they keep winning, even barely over mediocre teams, they could resemble the 2002 Ohio State team (though Miami was still the better squad, dammit ).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
            Incidentally, I was just going over league standings... what the hell is going on in the ACC? Duke is 2-1 in conference, 4-3 overall? ****ing DUKE?
            Cutcliffe is a pretty decent coach. And the ACC blows.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I was arguing last year that the ACC blows, yet some of you guys were defending it as being a strong conference because of how many mediocre teams it sent to Bowl games.
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cite?

And are you confusing having many good, but no great teams (as the ACC did last season), with having good and great teams (ie, a strong conference)?

Comment

Sorry, no cite. I just remember that last year all the buzz was about how good of a conference the ACC was, just because they sent so many teams to Bowl games.

My point was, no team in that conference was better than 9-3 (Georgia Tech), and every other ACC team had 4+ losses. Yet people kept going on about the ACC. *shrug*
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Since the jig is now officially up, and everyone knows you're just copying the Sagarin "Predictor" rankings, why not come up with your own?

I don't think enough of my own opinion to post my own Top Ten; an unbiased computer ranking (whether the Predictor or otherwise) will always incorporate more information and treat the data more fairly. Maybe I should start posting the Elo-Chess, which also has Iowa #1 this week?
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Works for me, since that is the "most deserving" ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                        people kept going on about the ACC.

Going on about the ACC? I think people were trying to say that those who were piling on the ACC weren't looking at everything. The ACC had a ton of 9-3, 8-4 teams, but no elite teams, but that didn't make them complete garbage.

Comment

BCS Standings

1 Florida 7-0
                          2 Alabama 8-0
                          3 Texas 7-0
                          4 Iowa 8-0
                          5 USC 6-1
                          6 TCU 7-0
                          7 Boise State 7-0
                          8 Cincinnati 7-0
                          9 LSU 6-1
                          10 Oregon 6-1
                          11 Georgia Tech 7-1
                          12 Penn State 7-1
                          13 Virginia Tech 5-2
                          14 Oklahoma State 6-1
                          15 Pittsburgh 7-1
                          16 Utah 6-1
                          17 Ohio State 6-2
                          18 Houston 6-1
                          19 Miami (FL) 5-2
                          20 Arizona 5-2
                          21 West Virginia 6-1
                          22 South Carolina 6-2
                          23 Notre Dame 5-2
                          24 California 5-2
                          25 Mississippi 5-2
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ohio State will finish 7-5

that's my prediction... Go Cincinnati!
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Cincy

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X