• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit, Dan...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• OK OK. I've edited it out. You can do the reveal as you wish.

This is like clubbing baby seals, though.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• clubbing baby seals

KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• So you would agree that the Big 12 is the worst BCS conference thus far this season?
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• In other news, anyone who thinks Nebraska > UT is a ****ing idiot. Let's recap last weekend:

#3 UT defeats #20 Oklahoma
            #15 Nebraska loses to unranked Texas Tech

And for those of you who are on VT's nuts:

#4 VT (who barely beat Nebraska) loses to #19 Georgia Tech (which lost to Miami, who beat Oklahoma, but also lost to VT).

The only question at this point is this: Will UT play Florida or Alabama in the National Title Game?

Drake, Guynemer, Imran, you guys, at this point, have to know that this is the most likely outcome. UT isn't losing to Mizzou, and without Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State doesn't have a chance. A&M and Kansas have ZERO chance to beat UT this year, and the likely Big 12 North champion (Nebraska) has very suspect credentials, having lost to a team UT beat.
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              I'm not alleven talking about that. He thinks Iowa is better than Nebraska...
              And frankly, ALL the experts agree that Iowa is better than a team that has lost two games already. So yeah, I think they are better, and so does everybody that knows anything about college football. But feel free to continue ranking them in the top ten... it just shows how stupid you are.
              If you can find anytbing that ranks them higher than 20th, please provide the proof. Because your opinion just looks moronic.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

See Ming, this is the kind of stupid argument you make when you're only smart enough to look at records and strength of schedule. Iowa better than Nebraska?

The Hawkeyes are more deserving, though. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
                Gee... let's see... Nebraska has played two top 30 ranked teams, and lost them both. Iowa has played two top 30 ranked teams and won them both.
                But I guess it's kind of stupid to look at the strength of schedule. Maybe you should start looking at records... and who the losses are to. Because every time Nebraska played anybody good, they have lost. THEY SUCK.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Ming, now, come on man, you have to know you are being trolled, yes?
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                    #3 UT defeats #20 Oklahoma
                    Can't comment on the TT game because I didn't watch it, but the UT win over Oklahoma was a pile of refuse. Outside of the QBs, Oklahoma appeared to be a much better team than UT.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• TT kind of has it made. No one is ranking them. No one is expecting anything much from them. Then the Red Raiders clobber their opponent. I think they lost their 2nd QB of the year though.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• So you would agree that the Big 12 is the worst BCS conference thus far this season?

No. They're #5. Big Ten is the worst.

And frankly, ALL the experts agree that Iowa is better than a team that has lost two games already.

I guarantee Vegas wouldn't agree were Iowa and Nebraska to play each other this weekend.

I think they lost their 2nd QB of the year though.

That's just Nebraska's luck. We get Texas Tech the week after they discover Sheffield and start looking as good as last year's team. Sheffield kicks our ass and then gets injured, most likely ensuring Tech will lose a couple more games and make our loss look worse than it actually was.
                        Last edited by Drake Tungsten; October 21, 2009, 02:33.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

That's because "my" rankings don't get excited overly excited about Iowa's close victories over mediocre Big Ten teams and don't forget about Iowa's close victories over non-FBS and Sun Belt teams.
                          (For purposes of this post, I'm using the current Jeff Sagarin as a point of comparison - they are reasonable)

I'll grant you the close victories over the close wins over Northern Iowa (ranked 73) and Arkansas State (ranked 105). But the Big Ten teams, Penn St, Michigan and Wisconsin are ranked 21, 34 and 32.

Let's take a closer look at Nebraska...

They enjoyed kicking the snot out of some little sisters of the poor. Arkansas State (ranked 105) Louisiana-Lafayette (ranked 108) and Florida Atlantic (ranked 126) The combined score was 142 - 12 for a 43 point average difference, and the basis for your oh so important point differential argument.
                          OH BOY, you kicked the snot out of a bunch of cream puffs... such a great team
                          But against real teams... They lost to number 7, lost big to number 15, and the ONLY REAL TEAM THEY HAVE BEAT was a 15 point win over the number 55 ranked team. So using your definition of "mediocre", Nebraska has only beaten cream puffs, and has a single win against a less than medicore team.

So... a single victory against a 55 ranked teams, and two losses vs real teams.
                          And Iowa has victories against 14, 21, 32, and 34... all ranked ahead of the single decent team Nebraska managed to beat.

So again, what good team, or even mediocre team has Nebraska beat?
                          And why are you so excited about the point differential, since it was basically built against teams that aren't even in the top 100?
                          And while you can diss Iowa all you want (at least they won ALL of their games), that doesn't change the fact that you have ranked a team that can't even beat a real team in your top 10.

Maybe you need to learn a lot more about how to rank college football teams, because people usually don't get "excited" about a team with two losses against the only real teams on their schedule.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• (For purposes of this post, I'm using the current Jeff Sagarin as a point of comparison - they are reasonable)

KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

(For purposes of this post, I'm using the current Jeff Sagarin as a point of comparison - they are reasonable)

I know, right? Holy ****.

It's like the baby seal has mistaken the club for its mother.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Two seasons of trolling became totally worth it in that moment.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X