AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 09/10 (II): We're very perverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So glad I picked up Marleau
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• What the ****?

Zach Stortini runs Iginla away from the puck and pushes him dangerously into the boards, and IGINLA GETS THE PENALTY FOR ROUGHING HIM AFTER?

Brutal.

That's 3 straight powerplays for Edmonton, and they miss **** like that?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Oilers are not playing well. They are going to have to play a lot better.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• The Flames aren't playing very well, either.

Comment

• The Flames are being much more aggressive and physical.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• And they're getting rewarded with their efforts by being repeatedly shorthanded.

Comment

• Well, 3-1 now.

Bourque is having hell of a season, BTW.

Comment

• We could have a tie game very, very soon.

Oilers get a lengthy 5 on 3 and then another 3 minutes or so on the powerplay on fresh ice...

Comment

• Officiating is maddening tonight.

The Flames get called for a 4-minute minor for a highstick while already shorthanded on Stortini, who was ALREADY CUT in the exact same spot that magically bled.

Then Boyd gets highsticked by Penner which draws blood and no call.

Booooo.

Comment

• Flames win 5-2 final. Woo! 3-0-0 vs the Oil this year so far, all in regulation.

Comment

• The cut was on the other side of Stortini's face.

At any rate... slug snot!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• It was a very fun night at the Dome. Overall it was the Flames most complete effort and the fact that it was against the OIl was all the better.

and yes the officiating was spotty. I think three things in particular maddened Flames fans

1. Iggy runs over Khabibulin just outside the crease going for the puck-penalty. Within three minutes an Oiler ran over Kipper outside the crease chansing the puck-no call.

2. Stortini gets cut by an accidental high stuck -- 4 minutes. Boyd gets cut by an accidental high stick- no call.

3. A Flame (Johnson ) hits a guy in the back against the boards - call-- Iggy gets mugged later and from behind by an Oiler (Stortini?)-- no call

To win anyway was sweet-- I love the Dome when the game is as fun as that one
                          Last edited by Flubber; October 25, 2009, 11:07.
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Do you have season tickets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                              It was a very fun night at the Dome. Overall it was the Flames most complete effort and the fact that it was against the OIl was all the better.

and yes the officiating was spotty. I think three things in particular maddened Flames fans

1. Iggy runs over Khabibulin just outside the crease going for the puck-penalty. Within three minutes an Oiler ran over Kipper outside the crease chansing the puck-no call.

2. Stortini gets cut by an accidental high stuck -- 4 minutes. Boyd gets cut by an accidental high stick- no call.

3. A Flame (Johnson ) hits a guy in the back against the boards - call-- Iggy gets mugged later and from behind by an Oiler (Stortini?)-- no call

To win anyway was sweet-- I love the Dome when the game is as fun as that one

Stortini hit Iginla in the chest.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                                Stortini hit Iginla in the chest.
                                It was a very, very late hit that Iginla didn't see coming that pushed him dangerously into the boards. The only reason it hit him in the chest is he was turning when he got hit.

It was an obvious penalty to call, even though I doubt you see it that way. It could've ended very dangerously.

And I think we all know WHY it happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X