X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
    Montreal is looking some kind of awful.
    Yup

But they haven't been great yet. In their two wins they were badly outshot and largely outplayed. Price somewhat stole both games. With Markow going done for so long I think they could be in for a loooong season although if Price plays as he did in the first two games, he may singlehandedly help them compete for the playoffs
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• @ Montreal

@ me for having Price in Auction
      @ me for having Luongo in our regular draft but him blowing the easy shutout to compete with Leanne's shutout she got tonight from Bryzgalov
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Battle of Alberta...one helluva game. I should be in bed damnit.

Flames scored with 1.5s left to tie it up and send it to OT. Then they had a 2 minute PK in the OT and survived.

Going to a shootout now...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Flames win the shootout.

Now they're 4-0-0

Comment

• Scuzbuckets.

That's all I have to say.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• You guys hear about Quinn's astounding rant?

NHL FINES QUINN $10,000 FOR INAPPROPRIATE COMMENTS

Edmonton Oilers head coach Pat Quinn's comments about Jarome Iginla's hit on Sheldon Souray on Thursday night have cost him.

The NHL announced on Friday that Quinn was fined $10,000 for inappropriate public comments.

"We have been made aware of the league's decision, accept it and have no further comment," said Oilers general manager Steve Tambellini.

Souray was helped off the ice early in the second period after being tripped into the boards by Iginla. Souray suffered a mild concussion on the play, while Iginla only served a tripping minor.

After the game, Quinn lashed out at the play and the league.

"I don't understand the players of today," Quinn said on Thursday. "If that had happened in the old days he would have got hit over the head with a stick right after. It was a pretty dirty play in my opinion. He poked his feet out and then piled on top of him. Somehow they never deal with that crap and they won't let the vigilante stuff happen to deal with it. It's disappointing."

The NHL's senior executive vice president of hockey operations Colin Campbell did not agree with Quinn's assertions.

"Mr. Quinn's comments were inappropriate and without justification," Campbell said in a release.

Comment

• Canucks fans voted most annoying in NHL

Matthew Sekeres

The cheeky monkeys at Spike TV have blasted away at the Olympic city, calling Vancouver Canucks fans the fifth-most annoying in all of sports, and the most regal butt-pains in the NHL.

Habs fans are ninth on account of infrequent bathing, and tormenting their star players (we'll defer to French Immersion on both accounts). Mysteriously, Leafs fans don’t make the top 10.

Canuckleheads lose points for their arrogance in the face of “zero Stanley Cups, no Hall of Fame players,” and they rank ahead of English soccer hooli…fans, and the brainwashed disciples of Al Davis and Jerry Jones.

Spike warns: “Next time you see a suspected pyramid schemer in the corner of a trendy wine bar sporting a $200 hair cut, $900 suit, and emanating a distinct air of scumbag from his Drakkar Noir-soaked pores – go ahead and ask him about Kevin Bieksa.”

You can find the list here. And you can find an interview with the author here.

The dude’s credentials: Canadian-born, Vancouver family, graduated from UVic, summered in B.C.’s interior, former Phoenix Coyotes beat reporter and radio host, Flames fan living in L.A.

“There’s really not much separating them from the No. 1 spot,” David Breitman tells Team 1040 AM of Canucks fans. “I think if they applied themselves, they could certainly be the most annoying people on the planet.”

Perhaps most remarkably, Canuck Nation seemed to own up to its annoyance on Thursday. More than 72 per cent of the radio station’s poll respondents acknowledged that, yes, they were irritating.
                The list: http://www.spike.com/blog/top-ten-teams-with/87671

Comment

You guys hear about Quinn's astounding rant?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=294317
                  Yup. Heard it. I think he was really pissed at his team for their reaction after Souray got run into the boards. Really stupid things to say though. Now if any Oiler plays hard against the Flames and someone gets hurt, there'll be endless debate about what he said.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Well, Moreau did challenge Iggy to a fight which Iggy did oblige (and even showed class by waiting for Moreau to regain his footing before resuming the fight).

What else did he expect in 2009?

Comment

• I remain insanely jealous of the Flames for having Iggy.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• It's not like Detroit is lacking classy, well-rounded scoring forwards.

Comment

Well, Moreau did challenge Iggy to a fight which Iggy did oblige (and even showed class by waiting for Moreau to regain his footing before resuming the fight).

What else did he expect in 2009?

Something more immediate, and likely more effective.

He wants his team to play harder, and tougher.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• He does have half a point though. Do that in the sixties or seventies and Iggy would have been jumped before he got up.

If that had happened in the 80's between these two teams there would have been a line brawl, and fifteen more fights before the game was over.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

It's not like Detroit is lacking classy, well-rounded scoring forwards.
                              True. But there's just something about the way Iggy plays.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• BTW Guy, Markov is long-term injured. You're playing him in Auction.

Comment

Working...
                                X