X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guynemer
    replied
    I say we take up pitchforks and torches and storm his ass.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    You know damn well this is a temporary thing, and it is definitely more convenient.
    You say there's no "need" to do it. I say there's absolutely no reason to deny it.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Very few threads are topped, actually (the one in the Sports forum would easily fall to page 2 in days) .

I don't particularly see the need to top a thread because a few users really would like to see that thread topped. What if all the people in the NFL thread asked for it to be topped? Convenience of user base?

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    the entire purpose of "sticky"ing a thread is to make sure it doesn't get lose in the shuffle of an active forum where it may drop a page or two.
    If your statement were true, there would be virtually no need to top any thread on this entire site.

It's a tool for the convenience of the user base, such as it is. What's the harm in doing something nice for "your" users?

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    I believe I've made my feelings on this clear, Ozzy. If you feel like topping them go ahead, but I simply don't see the point considering the activity on the Sports Forum and the entire purpose of "sticky"ing a thread is to make sure it doesn't get lose in the shuffle of an active forum where it may drop a page or two.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Don't you dare call us his subjects. He's a punk without so much as a banning rod.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Sir Imran, your subjects are making a fuss.

Leave a comment:

• Deity Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Well it seemed Imran did mind them being topped. I untopped them because of his statement to that effect. This is his realm, so I defer to him.

Personally it doesn't matter to me. Doesn't seem like a big deal either way.
    Ball is now in Imran's court.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    This is his realm, so I defer to him.

This is OUR realm. He has no "realm" without us.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyKP
    replied
    Originally posted by Deity Dude View Post
    Ozzy - Is it true that you are against topping the draft threads? It was my impression that you didn't want to "make that decision".

I'm just asking because if you don't mind them being topped, and the majority of the current users (the 20+ people participating in the drafts) don't mind them being topped and Imran doesn't mind them being topped....
    Well it seemed Imran did mind them being topped. I untopped them because of his statement to that effect. This is his realm, so I defer to him.

Personally it doesn't matter to me. Doesn't seem like a big deal either way.

Leave a comment:

• Guynemer
    replied
    Top them!

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    @ Ozzy/Imran

Leave a comment:

• SlowwHand
    replied
    Sorry. I didn't know it was going to be a really big deal. I'll just shut up.

Leave a comment:

• -Jrabbit
    replied
    WTF Imran! It was a simple request, politely rendered, and it shouldn't matter either way. So why not be nice to the users?

We all know there's not enough activity for the threads to fall to page 2, but that's not the point. After all, the same is true of the other threads as well. But sticking the draft threads would be more convenient for the posters -- who likely comprise well over half the active posters in Sports Sub.

But God forbid the mods should do anything useful around here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X