Asher
    mrboo123
    Flubber
    Kontiki
    Guynemer
    snoopy369
    Sparrowhawk
    notyoueither
    Last edited by notyoueither; August 19, 2009, 22:02.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Messages sent to those we have not heard from.

Imran is in if we need someone to round out the league.

joncha's PM box is full. I'll see if I can email him.

Edit: email sent to joncha
      Last edited by notyoueither; August 19, 2009, 22:02.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Nominations for other people to invite?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)

Comment

Ben Kenobi!!!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
            Nominations for other people to invite?
            I cannot think of anyone else other than those named unless there were some managers in the previous year that did not play last year ??

We have 8 managers already so we know we have a viable league. personally I think anywhere from a 10-14 team league is pretty ideal anyway
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Umm... in.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Ah, good.

2008-9 managers

Cavalcadeus
                Guynemer
                CrONoS
                Kontiki
                Flubber
                mrboo123
                Sparrowhawk
                KrazyHorse
                Tingkai
                joncha
                notyoueither
                Imran Siddiqui
                snoopy369
                Asher

In so far
                Asher
                mrboo123
                Flubber
                Kontiki
                Guynemer
                snoopy369
                Sparrowhawk
                notyoueither
                joncha

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                I cannot think of anyone else other than those named unless there were some managers in the previous year that did not play last year ??

We have 8 managers already so we know we have a viable league. personally I think anywhere from a 10-14 team league is pretty ideal anyway

Past Managers

Ninot
                Ben Kenobi
                Pekka
                Hot Mustard
                Jonny
                cinch
                Jaguar
                Sava

Garth Vader is a likely candidate who has not played before (has been in Playoff Pick'em). -Jrabbit has too, but he professed not wanting to be a newb in Yahoo hockey last season. EPW also was in the last Pick'em.

I'd say give a couple days for last year's people to check in, and then extend the net. Of course, if someone is reading this and really wants to be in, just speak up. There's usually room around the stove for one more.
                Last edited by notyoueither; August 20, 2009, 22:26.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                  Ah, good.

I'd say give a couple days for last year's people to check in, and then extend the net. Of course, if someone is reading this and really wants to be in, just speak up. There's usually room around the stove for one more.
                  Sounds good. It looks like we aready have a good number and based on the other names I would not be shocked if we have 14 like last year. (Any more than that and I would think you would want to have TWO draft pools but that probably won't happen.

Oh and if ben joins it should be a fun year with a very active draft thread
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Oh and since I am interested also in an auction league it is probably best to start a thread for that as well which I will do

Comment

Any thought on when we should start the draft as a target date?

Last year we did it live so the date(the 14th) was kinda irrelevent once people could show up) The year before we did a forum draft with 12 teams scheduled for Sept 15 (which Asher characterized as "ridiculously late"). We were completely done 14 rounds with 12 managers by September 25. This was in spite of the fact that there was much discussion and even argument at times that slowed the draft.

I am going to suggest the draft starts on on or before September 8. I was actually thinking one of two options

1. Start on September 1-2 but allow for a pause during the Labour Day weekend if people will be away so that no one gets BAYPAYed

or

2. Start September 8 with slightly more stringent BAYPAY rules. I am actually following the football drafts and have noticed that they are much better about leaving lists with each other if they are going to be away or at leat to say things like "draft me the best LW"

Given our speed in the past I don't think the draft speed will be much of an issue. With an early start you can have BAPAY rules that are not really that strict and which still allow the draft to be finished in ample time

Comment

Sept. 8 sounds good to me, with 6 to 8 hour BAPAY after the first few rounds.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I know that in the last two years I was a major source of the scheduling problems due to extended vacations. That won't be a problem for me this year, so any time is fine.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                            Sept. 8 sounds good to me, with 6 to 8 hour BAPAY after the first few rounds.
                            I liked your practice of shortening the BAPAYs as the draft went on.

AS an "intelligent BAPAY' we could have a simple rule like you never get BAPAYED a player with less than 40 points in the previous season. That eliminates all the goons that get high rankings from their PIM in Yahoo's default rankings. (They might lose out on someone that had been injured the prior season but its a BAYPAY---- IMHO you are just trying not to stick them with a totally crappy pick)

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
                              I know that in the last two years I was a major source of the scheduling problems due to extended vacations. That won't be a problem for me this year, so any time is fine.
                              Excellent!!

Comment

I think our BAPAY time has been 12 hours in the past. I like the 'intelligent' BAPAY idea. I also like that they allow the manager to change the BAPAYed pick within so many following choices.

We have 8 'starting' positions. I would be happy with a diminishing BAPAY timer in the ninth and following rounds.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X