Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not apathy, I don't think. Just very early. I only started it this early because I incorrectly recalled requests for keeper last year.

When I reviewed the thread, it was one person saying 'hey, we have the option of making it a keeper league' to which I said something like 'that isn't a good idea for a casual league like the AHL.'

Derrrr, sorry for the red herring, folks.

I could go for bench +1.

Flubber, you would prefer a forum draft to a live draft?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I could go for bench -1.

I prefer live draft to forum draft for both draft and auction.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post

Flubber, you would prefer a forum draft to a live draft?
        Yes-- I tend to think about things a lot -- even overthink them. I liked when it was 3-4 spots away from my pick and I was pondering whether I should pick this one or that one. I liked being able to take an hour after round 2 or round 3 and evaluate things-- I liked the whole draft process being deliberate with time for due consideration

This might be a minority view but to me the draft is a huge part of the game so jamming it into an hour isn't my preference. But if its a live draft I will go along with the majority
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
          I could go for bench -1.

NEVER-- our benches are too small already IMHO

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post

I prefer live draft to forum draft for both draft and auction.
          to me the auction should be live-- but as I said before-- i like a longer time for a draft-- I have been peeking in on the football drafts and even the draft seems like a bit of fun
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I would not mind either way. If anyone has a strong desire for one form of draft or the other, please speak up.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I think I agree with Flubber.

The auction was fun last year, moreso then I was expecting.

The regular draft resulted in such different strategy for me last year, and a much different team then I would have had otherwise. I would prefer the forum draft, with time to think between picks.

Having said that, the forum draft can be bogged down by one slow picker so we would need to agree beforehand on a bapay or on sending a short list to the next person or something in order to keep it moving and ensure that we get it done.

[action=Sparrowhawk][/action]
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post

The auction was fun last year, moreso then I was expecting.

I found the same-- It was fast-paced but you could still compete for every player you wanted--

I would prefer the forum draft, with time to think between picks.

That my reason-- I want time to go `oh crap`` when a player I wanted goes earlier than I anticipated and to rejig everything

Having said that, the forum draft can be bogged down by one slow picker so we would need to agree beforehand on a bapay or on sending a short list to the next person or something in order to keep it moving and ensure that we get it done.

I agree although in the past, even a slow picker or two were not an issue as there were so very many people that were pretty fast.

But I saw how over in the football pool they allowed 12 hours in the first 4 rounds and then 4 rounds thereafter- They also allowed a tardy player to change his pick within 5 picks of the BAPAY (to any player that had not been picked by the ensuing drafters, I assume, to avoid a whole bunch of redos). Oh and they also used ``intelligent `` BAPAY where they ignore players that are obviously ranked too high or a misfit for the rest of the team.

The logic for their BAPAY rules was so that no one got screwed and people wanted to stay in as active managers. I think our rationale should be the same.

As an example even though their BAPAY rules say 4 hours I think they give leeway when someone unexpectedly had the pick come to them at 2 in the morning (ie it whips through 6 picks pretty quick or something).

I actually don`t care what the BAPAY rules end up being (if we do a forum draft) as long as we can use some common sense in using them and give everyone a reasonable chance to draft.

Comment

I'd be happy doing an off-line draft.

When should we start signups? Probably wanna start the draft in early September?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think early september would be needed especially if we have 14 managers like last year. People were pretty quick the last time we drafted though . For every time there was someone that was long there were folks that were regularly very very quick. BUt its best to be early enough that there is no panic

I think we could start signups any day now with an idea that rules be finalized quickly (based on the last 2 years I suspect pretty much a status quo type thing on rules.

Comment

I see that the football guys have gotten through 10 (10 player) and 7 rounds (14 player) in their drafts in about 10 days. So about 10 picks a day even with BAPAYS and a couple of slower pickers. I believe our pace would be similar so if we started drafting say 24 days before season start that should give a margin for error and even a couple of days to input everything into yahoo

Comment

Anyone know when we can open up the league or at least sign-ups? The sooner the better to get the biggest pool of players, I'd think.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yahoo! usually opens the leagues up around 1.5-2 months prior to the season. Football opened up mid-July, I think, for an early Sept. start.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            Anyone know when we can open up the league or at least sign-ups? The sooner the better to get the biggest pool of players, I'd think.
                            I agree on starting early. Hopefully by doing that we can get 10-14 managers or so. As long as we have even numbrs to avoid byes, its all good

Comment

Oh and in case any one wondered . . .

I am in .

Comment

Folks at Yahoo are saying that hockey will be up on September 1.

Its already up over at espn but I don't like their player ranker

Comment

Working...
                                X