Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I refuse to watch Fever Pitch because I'm sick and tired of the Red Sox,

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Yeah, but it ends with the Cardinals losing the World Series.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The best part of Major League was at the end when Wild Thing gets called in to relieve.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Bull Durham is the best, full of memorable scenes.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm some surprised that no one has picked Bang the Drum Slowly. When it came out, it was to much acclaim.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Haven't seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                I refuse to watch Fever Pitch because I'm sick and tired of the Red Sox,

ACK!
                What's cool is they started making it about the long suffering Red Sox Nation, but in the middle of making the movie the Sox finally won a world series so they had to rewrite the ending to take that into account. The timing of that, in addition to all the other special things with the playoffs & world series that year I think is pretty cool.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ozzy, your use of 'cool' and 'Red Sox Nation' in the same sentence makes me want to throw rocks at you
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

The fact that they had to "Americanize" the book makes me not want to watch "Fever Pitch".
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Dunno if I'd call some of these pure baseball movies per se (such as Field of Dreams or Fever Pitch). Bull Durham was probably the best movie truly about baseball, and of course Major League was a classic. The sequels, not so much.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I think its hard NOT to call Field of Dreams of Fever Pitch baseball movies. Regardless of whether they were about something else as well, at their core is the use of baseball to explore those themes. Field of Dreams in particular explores the link between baseball and family, as well as the country (James Earl Jones' character gives one of the best monologues about baseball's relation to the history of the country ever).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Bull Durham, because of the realism and the script.
                          Major League, because it was hilarious.
                          A league of their own, because all around it's good.

And I'm glad the Bad News Bears listed is the old one.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Mr. Baseball
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Looks like we have a consensus on the top two -- Bull Durham and Major League.

Comment

I voted in this thread although I haven't seen any of those movies so I went with funniest titles. I saw the original version of Fever Pitch (it was about soccer) but that's it.

Comment

Working...
                                X