Best Baseball Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Baseball Movies

Vote for the THREE you think are the best out of the bunch.
    Major League (1989)
    20.59%
    The Sandlot (1993)
    11.76%
    A League of Their Own (1992)
    8.82%
    The Natural (1984)
    8.82%
    The Bad News Bears (1976)
    0.00%
    The Pride of the Yankees (1942)
    2.94%
    Eight Men Out (1988)
    0.00%
    Bang the Drum Slowly (1973)
    0.00%
    Field of Dreams (1989)
    8.82%
    Bull Durham (1988)
    23.53%
    Bingo Long and the Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings (1976)
    0.00%
    Angels In The Outfield (1951)
    0.00%
    The Babe (1992)
    0.00%
    For Love of The Game (1999)
    2.94%
    The Rookie (2002)
    2.94%
    *61 (2001)
    2.94%
    Long Gone (1987)
    2.94%
    Fever Pitch (2005)
    2.94%
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

I only watched like 4 of them, so the vote wasn't too hard for me.

Comment

Bull Durham is the best.

But you did forget a banana option!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Kind of tough. I ended up going with:
        The Natural (1984)
        The Rookie (2002)
        The Pride of the Yankees (1942)

The Jimmy Piersall Story was also good.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You don't list the Angels in the Outfield remake.

Or this brilliant film.
          "

Comment

I would have voted for Rookie of the Year had it been on, so I only voted for two movies.

Comment

Why the snub for Little Big League?
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I got all these from various lists of the top ten baseball movies. I found another list of the top 100 baseball movies, but sadly our poll doesn't allow for that many options so cinematic milestones like Air Bud and others were left off. I apologize. So I did my best based on what other people thought were some of the best.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

rookie of the year was a cute movie. Yes I'm using the word cute, and I'm not gay. Some things are cute, and I'm man enough to say so.

Major league is a no-brainer. That movie kicks ass. Sandlot was a good family movie as well, so that got my vote. And last, but not least Bull Durham. The only other movie I seen completely is bad news bears. I don't remember enough about that one to vote for it. Other movies I've seen bits and pieces of. I'm just not enough of a baseball fan to watch a serious drama about baseball (and some of those like 61, league of their own were dramas), I like a bit of comedy with my baseball.

Comment

A League of Their Own doesn't seem to be getting much love here... Too bad, because it's one of my top three.
                    And like many others... Bull Durham and Major League round out my top three.
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was strongly considering voting for it. Sandlot and Field of Dreams were no brainers for me, but I hesitated on the last one. The Babe, *61, and a League of Their Own I've seen, but it has been too long to rate them easily. Major League I saw, and was fun but a fairly predictable movie, so it didn't get a vote from me. Fever Pitch I saw and liked, but don't think it is one of the best. So I picked *61 based on the vague recollection that I really, really liked it at the time.

Comment

I liked League of Their Own a lot, but like any good poll, it was hard to limit to 3.
                        Pride of The Yankees almost got left off, but I found that hard to do.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                          A League of Their Own doesn't seem to be getting much love here... Too bad, because it's one of my top three.
                          And like many others... Bull Durham and Major League round out my top three.
                          I think a "League of Their Own" is one of those movies which is 4th or 5th on everyone's list. A movie that everyone likes, but not loves, and thus seems to get absolutely no love.

How can you dislike a movie that gave us: "There is no crying in baseball!"
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Long Gone was a very good baseball movie:

"He's not black, he's Cuban."

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Bull Durham and Major League are slam-dunks.

I went with Fever Pitch for my third, close call over Field of Dreams.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X