X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football for beginners

See also:

Washed-up has-been/utter legend

(That is Emmett Smith right? Stupid helmet + sideway-turning antics. )

Comment

Emmitt is the name, you hockey puck.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The newspaper coverage of gridiron is non-existant on this side of the pond thanks, save for Superbowl weekend, and I've never watched the Cows play in one so...

(Apologies for not checking my spelling first. You're destroying my grammar Nazi credentials damn you!)

Yeah, I missed 30 because I had an exam the next day, and school for your other 90s appearances.

Comment

don't be dissin' Emmitt. He's the man.

Granted the boys had a huge, and I mean huge offensive line. But I still felt like he was a very strong, consistently good rusher. And I'll take that any day over the antics of Barry Sanders. Yes back in the 90's there was always the debate as to who is better. And as I said, I'd take Emmitt over Barry. Although it'd be nice to have them both...

Comment

Apologies if you interpreted "utter legend" as dissing Emmitt...

I'm happy to knock the Cowboys, but there are some sacred Cow(boy)s...

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
              Yeah, I missed XXX
              Fixed.

KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Comment

Apologies if you interpreted "utter legend" as dissing Emmitt...

Roger Staubach

Bob Lilly

Tom Landry
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Leon Lett

KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comment

Deion Sanders
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

A football does not resemble an egg, it's more like a melon. Which is why HandMelon is a much better name.

Originally posted by Dis View Post
                            And I'll take that any day over the antics of Barry Sanders.
                            Or perhaps Barry's "antics" were largely the result of having a **** line (except for Lomas Brown and perhaps Kevin Glover) and maybe in not having a fullback until he was lucky enough to get Tommy Vardell put in front of him for the last 2 seasons. And then there's the effect of 5 years of having Rodney Peete as the starting qb, only to be followed by Scott Mitchell and Charlie Batch...

Only this one:
                            Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Tom Landry
                            Last edited by ColdWizard; July 15, 2009, 12:10.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                            X