Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

So people, having realised voting for Qatar was a mistake FIFA want to screw up Europe's domestic season in order to save face?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• A mistake? Every member of the board will be set for gold-plated hookers for life having voted for Qatar. They're in action tomorrow night, but I'll be watching the PRC v Macedonia instead.

Edit: Qatar, but probably the gold-plated hookers too, just not so widely televised until Assange can get back to the office....

Comment

• Most Chelsea fans can't remember a worse run of form since they were Fulham fans.

Comment

• Some Chelsea fans can't remember a worse run of form since they were Reading fans.

Comment

• Stratford Hotspur?

(Repost from CG)

Who should get the Olympic site - Spurs or West Ham? Or Orient? Or should it just be an athletics stadium (yeah, right).

Obviously I think that the correct decision should be the one which works out worst for Spurs in the long run, but I'm undecided which that would be. Them buggering off to East London, or them risking going bankrupt trying to redevelop White Hart Lane.

Seriously though, if West Ham really want it, they should probably have first dibs provided they have some kind of feasible business plan.

Oh, wait.

Comment

• Dundee United footballer David Goodwillie is charged with raping a woman at a new year house party in West Lothian.

Dundee United and Scotland footballer David Goodwillie has been charged with raping a woman at a new year house party in West Lothian.

Comment

• David BadWillie

allegedly

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post

Obviously I think that the correct decision should be the one which works out worst for Spurs in the long run, but I'm undecided which that would be. Them buggering off to East London, or them risking going bankrupt trying to redevelop White Hart Lane.
                  When are Arsenal moving back South then?

I couldn't care less if Spurs moved a few miles away, except if they proposed to keep the track, then I'd be against it.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                    When are Arsenal moving back South then?
                    Well, that's precisely the point. 98 years of Spurs moaning about Arsenal moving and now they want to do it themselves.

Comment

• traitors!
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Well, that's precisely the point. 98 years of Spurs moaning about Arsenal moving and now they want to do it themselves.
                        If that's the only downside to moving then it's easily better than going bankrupt expanding WHL then.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Maq, the Spurs locals feel quite strongly about it.

Anyway, all bets are off for now as the decision has been put back. You might have to risk going bankrupt as Leyton Orient think they have a strong case that your move breaks the rules about damaging another team's patch. Perhaps you can get the rules backdated a hundred years.

Comment

• I heard from the rumour mill today that, with the transfer window closing, Emile Heskey had been spotted heading for Newcastle for secret talks about a move. But to be fair, he was trying to aim for Middlesborough.

Comment

• All I can say about Fernando Torres' Chelsea debut:
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Maq, the Spurs locals feel quite strongly about it.

Anyway, all bets are off for now as the decision has been put back. You might have to risk going bankrupt as Leyton Orient think they have a strong case that your move breaks the rules about damaging another team's patch. Perhaps you can get the rules backdated a hundred years.
                                they can merge and be called Oriental Spurs
                                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                                X