Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. Preferring a foreign team there. The hate must be immense then..
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I pretty much always support the English team in Europe, except Arsenal obviously 'cause they are French.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
        I pretty much always support the English team in Europe, except Arsenal obviously 'cause they are French.

Although I wasn't upset Man Utd lost. Barca didn't deserve to be in the final, but neither did Man Utd deserve anything on the night. Ideally a plane would've crashed on the pitch killing every player, except the honest few.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
          I watched them play my lot last sunday. I know they didn't care, but if they'd defended for the whole game like the had for the first 20 mins they could have conceded 10. Not that it mattered, of course, the Stoke fans were celebrating their survival the whole game.
          True, they sucked on teh day. Compared to Man U and Liverpool at home though... eh. Their away form is worst in the league for sure.

Second season it needs to be better.

Anyone heard about the extra officials in teh Europa league next season though? Retardly stupid IMO.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

True that. Apparently FIFA has made the proposal as an alternative to the use of video images.

Absurd really, just use those video images already. They'll rule out a lot of disputes on the spot. Players, coaches and fans building up their frustration over a dubious call by the referee won't have that excuse anymore.

I have to admit the yankees playing ovalball have sorted this out quite nicely. I don't see why football shouldn't be able to adopt it as well.
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

FIFA is the evilest organization in the world. I would hope that was common knowledge by now.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post

Racist tosser.
                Last edited by Cort Haus; June 1, 2009, 22:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                  Interesting. Preferring a foreign team there. The hate must be immense then..
                  Club football is not about national football. Local rivalries prevail. Local hatreds too. Unless a team has charmed neutrals, every supporter of every other team wants it to fail. Quite right too. Apart from those phucktards who have some racial aversion to foreigners, as is displayed above.

Comment

Netherlands
                    Australia
                    Japan
                    South Korea
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

North Korea can still make it.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

We are going back to the world cup. It is hardly a surprise that the other two team made it through also, but it will be interesting to see which team makes it out of Saudi Arabia, Iran and North Korea.

Comment

Nothing makes it out of North Korea except for roskets, so I doubt they'll be sending a team.
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Damn, another company in financial trouble bought West Ham. Maybe they won't go but, be relegated and let us straight back up after all.

Comment

The current world financial state, with the level of corpoate debt that is leveraged on any buy-out raises massive concerns for footy fans. I read how a Man. Utd can be leveraged on £700 million of borrowings at 15% interest while having the largest turnover in sport and sh!t myself for the fans when a collapse happens.

It will happen to someone.

Comment

Well West Ham are doing fabulously in their recruitment of companies with questionable balance sheets to invest.

Whereas Profitable Investments are looking to buy Newcastle.
                                Trade Descriptions Act anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X