Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Football Thread XX: Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Tool' is a polite description of Biscuits. Utter ****ing ****bubble were amongst the words I used. He was diving and cheating all over the place against my lot and I was delighted that he and his team lost the tie.

Comment

• Comment

• Anyone fancy a little fantasy league? I imagine that my team will be very similar to many, but heck - I expect these players to at least be in their final squads (although was very tempted by Milner, but only as a Toon fan), and to go a long way in the tournament.

Team:

Buffon
        A Cole
        Lahm
        Evra
        Alves
        Sneijder
        Xavi
        Kaka
        Ronaldo
        Torres
        Tevez

Doubtless someone can do a lot better than this. I haven't set up a private league yet, but will do if there's enough interest. I just hope that this is available outside the UK.

In other news, Capello has told Andy Carroll not to play for Scotland, because he has an eye on him for the future.

Oh, and Mourinho is off again...

Comment

• I'm in if you set it up.

Comment

• Very well, the league is called
            Asher's Straight Mate
            , and you need the pin 27616 in order to join.

Comment

• Pending
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Comment

• I just noticed they ****ed up the Serbian flag. It should be red on top then blue and then white. The one they have for Serbia is the Russian.

Also I think we should probably get a separate thread for the fantasy league.

Comment

• Well I'm not sure we'll get enough posts to make it worthwhile, but let's wait and see.

Comment

• At this rate, I'm assured of third place yet I don't know if the smiley I should use is or

Comment

• Apologies to all non-UK 'polytubbies, but those from the UK should watch all of these World Cup goals on the Beeb.

It seems that an awful lot of the best goals were scored against Belgium, but Philippe Albert more than makes up for it.

Comment

• No Walcott...ah, how times change...
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• If you're not playing regularly you shouldn't get picked.

to Capello on that one.

I feel so sorry for Darren Bent though. 25 goals for Sunderland and doesn't get on the plane; I know he doesn't fit with Rooney and Defoe ahead of him but it's just genuinely tragic that someone can play that well and far above the rest of his team and not get picked.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                              Well I'm not sure we'll get enough posts to make it worthwhile, but let's wait and see.
                              Perhaps a separate thread would attract more notice.

Comment

• I agree.

In fact, this is an ultimatum. You have 12 hours to create the thread, or else I bomb the airport, or I create the thread myself whichever requires less effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X