Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports and Technology Forums Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Forum is one of the main reasons I continue to browse here.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I'm a frequent poster here in the Sports Forum but I honestly don't see a big need to have it separate from the OT.

I mean, really, why not have a separate politics forum, religion forum, relationships forum, etc. etc.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
        Sports Forum
        I defer to my superior in these matters.

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        I'm a frequent poster here in the Sports Forum but I honestly don't see a big need to have it separate from the OT.

I mean, really, why not have a separate politics forum, religion forum, relationships forum, etc. etc.
        Can we have a Ben and Asher forum please? 1 on 1, to the death, or at least mild embarrassment...

Comment

The main reason for keeping it separate is for fantasy sports, especially drafting. Granted, this only happens a few times each year. but in a 25-round draft involving 12 people, comments are unwelcome and make it hard to keep things moving smoothly. It's nice when you don't have to search for the thread, then page through worthless comments to find out who's turn it is and who's been drafted recently. (We generally have a separate thread for comentary on people's stupid picks.)

Another plus: Easy to archive/search without remembering thread titles, perhaps to see what happened last year (very relevant for fantasy drafts, offline contests, etc.). You can go back one year and find out what happened (old rules discussions, etc.) without any fuss.

The other advantage of a separate sports sub is that we don't have spammers clogging up perfectly good topics with their "that's not real football" "racing cars/golf is not a sport" and "who cares about this crap" comments.

@ Guy -- Sports are (generally) seasonal and repeating. Religion, politics, and relationships only seem that way.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
          X