Fantasy Baseball Vote Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Baseball Vote Needed

Capy hasn't taken control of his team and I dont want it to flounder without trying to find a replacement manager. I sent a PM to Deity Dude and I'm not even sure of how to change managers but I'm gonna try if Capy dont show up. If anyone knows someone wanting a team, let me know. The first person staking a claim gets the team.

Now, if we cant get a replacement manager and Capy doesn't show we're stuck. So what do you wanna do?

1) I can edit the roster and leave positions unfilled- screws whomever is playing Capy's team the first week.

2) Leave the team as is with available players filling the roster positions. If the team accumulates DLs in the future, so be it. Still screws the people playing Capy's team earlier on but not nearly as bad as (1) does to his first opponent.

3) I edit the team to keep it competitive, the only adds and drops will be for DLs and players no longer playing (I just did that for this first week, Capy already had 3 DLs).

I dont really care that much, I dont like it when teams are abandoned but I'm not thrilled with the additional work it'll take to keep the team active. But I think (3) is the fairest of the options, Guynemer is playing Capy's team now at full strength while people playing Capy's abandoned team later on will have an easier match. That distorts the scoring.

On second thought, ignore option (1)

vote for 2 or 3 or post another idea

(2)

(3) is too much work for you and is BOUND to have someone complaining if you add a player for Capy that someone else wanted. Not worth the hassle.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Leave it as is. It wouldn't be the first time in FBL that someone just stopped paying attention to their team, though I don't recall it ever happening this early.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Sorry guys.

I vote for 2.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I should have mentioned this but EPW and me and maybe Snoop shouldn't vote since we play Capys team weeks 9-11. I imagine his team will have fallen apart pretty bad by then. This effects you guys with him on your immediate schedule more than us. Opinions and ideas are welcome, but if the first few people in line to play him aint keen on giving us that advantage I'm inclined to support their decision.

One thing I can and will do is put his DLs back into play when they're eligible. That way Guy doesn't have to face Mauer and Ichiro the first round while some of us will. After that I'll let the team wander.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

(3) is too much work for you and is BOUND to have someone complaining if you add a player for Capy that someone else wanted. Not worth the hassle.
              Yeah, I was thinking about that when I added Molina to replace Mauer and why I didn't add an OF for Ichiro. If someone wants Molina for next week let me know. He can be put back on waivers now.

edit: until someone tells me they want Molina I'll leave him on Capys team for Mauer.

yer vote is important Sloww, but I think we all knew how you'd vote Okay, if Guy and Jdd are fine with it we'll go with 2 and I'll put his current DLs back into play when they're eligible. That would be Mauer, Ichiro and Baker (sp). After that the team is on its own...
              Last edited by Berzerker; April 7, 2009, 02:10.

Comment

Set a starting lineup and leave it. It is what it is, no matter.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Not that it matters but I'd vote for 2 too.

Btw, love how Guthrie is owning Halladay, Lee and Nolasco

Comment

I'd say 2) but if he has any major DLs, exchange them. IE, anyone out for the season or a good portion of it.

OR, try to find someone who can run the team for him. Are you able to force-switch managers or anything like that?
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'm fine with whatever, honestly. It's only a game.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                        I'd say 2) but if he has any major DLs, exchange them. IE, anyone out for the season or a good portion of it.

OR, try to find someone who can run the team for him. Are you able to force-switch managers or anything like that?
                        I can delete a team so I may have to do that and then our new manager should be able to join and he and I can restock the team with the players from the deleted team. I think... But yeah, I edited his DLs so he'd have active players the first week. Sloww wants me to leave the team alone but I'd like to at least put those 3 DLs back into play when they're eligible.

I do want to keep the team relevant for 2-3 weeks so if we do find a new manager they aint already deep in a hole. I dont know what injuries Mauer, Ichiro and Baker have but if they're active after 15 days I'll put them back in.

no response from DD yet, I pm'ed him Sunday I think, I'll email him...

Comment

DD is probably still recovering from MSU's thrashing by the Tar Heels Monday night.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Well Berz, we all know that you're much kinder than I. Whatever you decide will be fine.

Comment

Ty Sloww

After today someone out there might want Molina

just say so, you get him if you want him. Wont even cost you a waiver priority pick

Comment

Working...
                              X