• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula1 2009

OMG! Brawn GP 1st and second on the grid after qualification in Melbourne
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Looks to be a very interesting year...
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Brawn GP
      Button
      Rubens
      Hamilton
      Kubica & Vettel
      New rule about having to use a shít tyre for one stint

Comment

Oh, and Ferrari

Comment

I know that Vettel was blamed, but I really can't see what he was supposed to do except entering another dimension.

Anyway, it looks like the 2009 season will be quite interesting
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

yesterday: Trulli punished with 25 seconds, Hamilton moved to third...
            today: Hamilton disqualified for providing misleading information with regards to Trulli and Trulli reinstated to third?!?

it's like Judge Judy
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post

it's like Judge Judy

The people are real, the cases are real, the rulings are final...
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

It's good to see that FIA hasn't stopped their heavy-handed rulings...

Comment

alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

More bad news for McLaren!

Originally posted by f1.gpupdate.net
                    Haug unhappy with McLaren's image problem

23 April 2009

Mercedes Motorsport boss Norbert Haug has said the team is evaluating its partnership with the McLaren Formula 1 team. The German car manufacturer currently owns 40% of the shares in McLaren but is not amused with the team's image problem.

"We are part of this team (McLaren) and normally we will also be part of it in 2010," Haug told Germany's Focus about Mercedes' partnership with McLaren. The damaged caused to McLaren's image due to the lying-scandal in Melbourne is something Mercedes is very unhappy about. "For Mercedes it is very important to handle things the right way, but the important positions within the team are currently filled by people who are not part of Mercedes."

Mercedes is currently 40% shareholder at McLaren and engine supplier to Force India and Brawn GP. Haug admits Mercedes could change its position in Formula 1 and put their main focus on multiple teams rather than just one team (McLaren). "At least once a year we evaluate the situation in Formula 1 and think about our future in the sport. There's always the option to change our position in F1 and simply become an engine supplier only."

...and Red Bull are waiting for them with open arms.
                    A RBR-Mercedes will be hard to beat next year, considering that they already have the best chassis even without a double-decker diffuser. Also, they can negate Mercedes power to Brawn GP in the process, because the germans made it clear that they will supply engines to a max of 3 teams.

Comment

wd Brawn & Button for their third win out of four.

I wonder whether they have the budget to sustain it to the end of the season though. This car is all last year's Honda development budget. With no stickers on the car yet, I don't know if they'll have the money to keep it up.

Oh, and wd Ferrari for their first points of the season

Comment

It sucks to not be able to see the races live anymore. Greedy Viasat bastards!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                          I wonder whether they have the budget to sustain it to the end of the season though. This car is all last year's Honda development budget. With no stickers on the car yet, I don't know if they'll have the money to keep it up.

They don't seem to have any budget problem for this year with the salaries covered by Honda and a nice cut from the TV rights. Also, they managed to sign three partners so far (see the image) and they are negotiating for a title sponsorship:
                          Virgin increases interest in Brawn title sponsorship
                          26 April 2009
                          The Virgin group has upped its interest in becoming title sponsor of Brawn GP, having signed as sponsor to the team at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix. The team has three partners thus far and currently leads both the drivers' and constructors' championships in its first season of competition.
                          "The team have become very popular since the beginning of the season," said Virgin supremo Richard Branson. "We are negotiating, as are other people, and we may or may not end up doing a full branding exercise. If we do not end up it, we will obviously be the sponsor for this year and would be delighted with the way it has gone; if we do end up doing it, even better.
                          With the current global economic situation, team owner Ross Brawn has admitted that medium-term commitments are the way to go at the moment, although admits that 'it would be nice to have our principal funding in place for the next few years'. "Let's see how it goes," Branson continued. "Someone could come in and pay a silly price, and we will bow out gracefully if that happens, but we've made an offer we feel we can afford."
                          (article here)

Comment

Just back from Silverstone. wd Vettel. Fantastic drive.

OK, the car was superb this weekend, but Webber was nowhere near him. wd also to Alonso and Hamilton for their racing against each other and the Beamers to inject some interest into a fairly dull procession. Oh, and good to see Williams looking vaguely competitive at last.

Yesterday's GP2 race was excellent, and for once the Porches were worth watching. As Setanta has the GP2 I might even have to keep the subscription.

Comment

And so Button wins it. After a lean spell he puts in a champion's drive and, er, wins the WDC.

:applause:

Comment

Working...
                              X