Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Baseball Thread MCXIII

Nederland!!!

Puerto Rico might have been the most impressive team in the World Baseball Classic's opening round, but no one could have seen this coming: an 11-1 rout of the United States in the first game of Round 2. A win was not a shock; a mercy-rule finish was. Puerto Rico jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first inning, led 6-0 after two and piled on in the seventh inning to win 11-1.

The U.S. was never in contention in this game and didn't look at all like it was ready to play or interested in making a game of it. Puerto Rico outhustled them all over the field, and the U.S. bats did next to nothing against Javier Vazquez.

The U.S. has no time to feel bad for themselves -- they play an elimination game tomorrow against the giant-slaying Netherlands team that bounced the Dominican Republic from the WBC in Round 1.

FanNation is your place to find and follow your favorite team. Get all the latest news right here.

Awesome. Here's hoping the Netherlands finishes the U.S. off.

Comment

Javier Vazquez
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Japan is making a case for being the best baseball-playing nation on Earth.

Comment

Nederland...

I guess some other team is going to get the enjoyment of knocking the U.S. out.

Comment

David Wright

Comment

Great finish. Heartbreaking for the losers -- from undefeated to gone in 2 games.

On to the semifinals for the US...
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm still not sure I follow this format, though. We're 1-1 vs. Puerto Rico, yet they're out and we're in? All because they played Venezuela and we played the Netherlands...

Comment

lol@USA
                  "

Comment

Japan

Maybe we should have a thread on their major league instead of the American one.

Comment

I'd train him as a switch-fielder.

Comment

Working...
                      X