NHL-- Habs sit Kovalev, acquire Schneider and any other NHL talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL-- Habs sit Kovalev, acquire Schneider and any other NHL talk

I know some of this stuff gets talked about in the pool threads but I thought the demise of the Habs and their very big steps were worthy of comment.

While I don't see Schneider as a saviour at all the fact is that the Habs have looked miserable lately and I think a major shakeup was needed. The whole team has looked downright awful and if sitting Kovalev doesn't send a message, I do not know what does.

In other things

-- Isn't it amazing that all 15 western teams are within 7 points of a playoff spot--

-- the east-- really 10 teams have a chance-- Ottawa's resurgence should be far too late unless there are some big collapse or Ottaw can win ANOTHER five in a row

I'll toss in some more random things later-- lets talk hockey
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

I'm still pissed off Vancouver is in a playoff spot. I cannot think of a worse team to take the spot.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The Kings? Saint Louis? Coyotes? Avalanche?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

On a more serious note, what odds do you give the Blackhawks to taking over the division lead from the Red Wings at some point (not necessarily by the end, but at least leading for 1 day)? 60/40?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          I'm still pissed off Vancouver is in a playoff spot. I cannot think of a worse team to take the spot.
          Are you referring to your personal feelings because with all respect they seem a good enough team talent wise to take the spot

-- they have one of the best goalies in hockey
          -- they have a reasonably solid d
          -- Sundin is looking more like the regular Sundin of the past, giving them two lines that can score
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
            Are you referring to your personal feelings because with all respect they seem a good enough team talent wise to take the spot

-- they have one of the best goalies in hockey
            -- they have a reasonably solid d
            -- Sundin is looking more like the regular Sundin of the past, giving them two lines that can score
            It's a team full of players I ****ing loath for many reasons. If they're not spineless scum, they're floaty heartless Europeans...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
              The Kings? Saint Louis? Coyotes? Avalanche?
              The Kings would be awesome to see in the playoffs (I love Kopitar, Jonathan Quick looks very promising).

St. Louis has some terrific young players as well (Boyes, Backes, Perron especially) and Kariya may yet make it in.

Avalanche, also not fan of...but Sakic is awesome. I still like Stastny.

There's not a single player on the Canucks I like in any way, save for Luongo.

The Canucks play the most boring hockey imaginable, and then they've got douchebags resorting to goonery to break up the monotony of boring play. Luongo is the only remarkable player on the whole team.

Comment

On a more serious note, what odds do you give the Blackhawks to taking over the division lead from the Red Wings at some point (not necessarily by the end, but at least leading for 1 day)? 60/40?
                I'd say 20-80.

Comment

Was at the Caps-Habs game last night.

They looked decent in stretches, and like they wanted to be somewhere else in stretches. They gave themselves a chance to win it and came away with a point. Better than I had expected walking in.

Pretty goal by Ovechkin in the 1st...
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Less than 10%- The math doesn't work for them that well.Detroit has 84 points and a 12 point lead and generally average 1.45 points a game. If they maintain that average they get 118 points for the season . To match that Chicago would need to go 20-1-6 or 23-4-0 or similar.

But lets assume the RedWings play .500 hockey (10-10-4 for instance) through their last 24 games. That nets them 108 points. Chicago would need to get 36 points out of 27 games to match that so records like 18-9 or 16-7-4

I actually see the liklihood that Chicago coukld make this pace as reasonable. I just don't see Detroit playing so poorly as a point a game pace through a stretch of 24 games

Comment

I'm considering the possibility of the Red Wings continuing their recent slide, mostly... and the 'Hawks playing home-and-home to end the season (a potential gain of 4 points). Chicago has from my brief glance a seemingly easy schedule, lots of Columbus and Nashville, and only one St Louis (who is terrible but has totally dominated the Hawks this year for some odd reason).

But you're certainly right, my 60-40 was mostly a joke 20-80 is probably better odds at this point than you'd have gotten at the start of the season...

Comment

Things get worse for the Habs

REPORT: ALLEGED CRIMINAL LINKED TO MEMBERS OF CANADIENS

As many problems as the Canadiens have had on the ice lately, they potentially have an even greater one off the ice.

Montreal's La Presse newspaper is expected to report in Friday's edition that some members of the team may have had a relationship with an alleged criminal who was recently arrested in a sting operation by Montreal police.

The police reportedly recorded conversations between the arrested man, Mangiola Pasquale, and at least two players.

Pasquale was arrested on charges of drug trafficking last Thursday.

Comment

Don Cherry just called Luongo and Kiprusoff the best goalies of all time?

Is Cherry prone to hyperbole?

Comment

I think he was speaking of their performances. He's seen the best of all time, and those performances rank up there.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                            X