No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball DAILY LEAGUE sign-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically someone who pitches/ditches against someone who doesn't can spend 0$ on pitchers and auto-win 2 cats by fielding a slew of mediocre pitchers against a top notch rotation... sounds too good to me.
    I've played this way for years and not because of any grand design, it dont help to throw mediocre pitchers. The Ks and Wins are not a given and they do hurt the other cats. It gives the opponent of such a strategy the luxury of keeping the IP close enough to get a shot at all the cats. But I have no objection to an additional pitching cat to offset starters, Losses and replace Ks with K/BB or add TB to punish throwing too much. I like TB for both hitting and pitching... The problem with a weekly limit are the early weeks when people are still getting their teams together, especially someone who messed up the draft. They'll need to make a dozen or more moves the first couple weeks.

I just checked our weekly league, the commish has plenty of flexibility to set up limits on waiver wire activity - 50 is fine with me - unless someone misses the draft, thats 2+ a week.
    Last edited by Berzerker; March 11, 2009, 13:02.

Comment

Weekly innings limit is the easiest (doesn't have to be massively low, something like 50, or about 9 IP per starter slot plus 2IP per reliever, means you can field a full stable of starters and have them all throw CGs and every inning counts (and since that doesn't ever happen, you've got some flexibility to swap out pitchers).

Otherwise a transaction limit is fine... 50 would be acceptable to me as well.

In any event, my point would be to limit BENCH for this reason, not just transactions; you specifically want a large bench so you can cycle. I think cycling should be A strategy but not THE strategy, and thus you should have a tradeoff if you want 2-3 RPs on your bench, of having less depth at SP and/or hitters.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

weekly IP limit? The 50 is a limit on transactions for the entire season. It wont prevent "cycling" but it will limit it.

or we could just add TB to pitching, that would hurt throwing too many SPs. Either way... Lets get a league set up before the weekend so we can research players using our stats.

Comment

Berz, I haven't heard from Stuie still, so I'd say let's give Deity Dude his spot if DD wants in - first come first serve whomever emails me first If both end up wanting in perhaps Ozzy can be corralled into auctioning or something.

Comment

Noo! I'm wasting waaay more time than I expected with the weekly league. No way could I handle a second, more intensive, league. I'd go crazy.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

You underestimate my ability to corral

Comment

I'm setting up the league right now. 42 ip, 3 SP, 2 RP, 2 P, 6 BN

I'm going to hold off for a little to see what kind of responses I get to that.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

42 IP maximum?

Comment

Ya'll were saying to do 50 ip minimum, weren't you? That's actually the maximum minimum at yahoo.

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of 20-24 ip, but you guys seem to want to raise the cap.
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

CURRENT SETTINGS:

League name: DailyPoly
                      Password: banana

Scoring Type Head-to-Head
                      Max Teams 12
                      Player universe All baseball
                      New Players Become Available As soon as Yahoo! adds them
                      Max Acquisitions per Season 50
                      Max Acquisitions per Week No maximum
                      Max Trades per Season No maximum
                      Trade End Date August 16, 2009
                      Trade Review League Votes
                      Trade Reject Time 2 days
                      Waiver Time 2 days
                      Can't Cut List Yahoo! Sports
                      Post Draft Players Follow Waiver Rules
                      League Start Week Week 1 (Mar 30)
                      Roster Changes Daily - Tomorrow
                      Minimum Innings Pitched 20
                      Playoffs Week 24 and 25 (4 teams)
                      Divisions No
                      Catcher (C) 1
                      First Base (1B) 1
                      Second Base (2B) 1
                      Third Base (3B) 1
                      Shortstop (SS) 1
                      Outfield (OF) 3
                      All Batters (Util) 1
                      Starters (SP) 3
                      Relievers (RP) 2
                      All Pitchers (P) 2
                      Disabled List (DL) 2
                      Bench (BN) 6

Let me know if there's any issue with any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous View Post
                        Ya'll were saying to do 50 ip minimum, weren't you? That's actually the maximum minimum at yahoo.

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of 20-24 ip, but you guys seem to want to raise the cap.
                        Good lord no. 42 min would mean most people would probably miss it each week

50 MAX innings was what I meant. 24 would be a fine minimum cap I think.

Like I said before, I'd prefer to see a MI, a CI, and another couple of pitchers added to the mix in order to counter the fact that we have only 8 people (hopefully 8 even...) playing.

Comment

oh, you can set a max IP per week? That would work, but I dont remember ever seeing that option.

Yeah Empfab, if you wanna add an INF and an OF and a couple pitching slots thats fine with me. The more the merrier You and Snoop decide and let us know asap

edit ok, I dont see a max IP per week but there is a max acquisition per week. I'm not a fan of that, if y'all want a max then lets put a max on adds/drops for the season, maybe 50. But that will penalize anyone who misses the draft, they'll use up a bunch of their acquisitions trying to better their team. Course we could change that if someone does miss the draft. Maybe have the commish go in and swap out players they dont want and replace them, then maybe the changes wont show up as seasonal acquisitions.

You guys wanna do that? A limit of 50 acquisitions for the season translates into a bit over 2 adds a week. I'm cool with that.

edit 2 yup, the commish can edit each teams # of transactions so you can set us at 50 and if someone uses up a bunch correcting for a missed draft you the commish can delete those transactions so they dont count toward the 50 max...cool.

Oh yeah Empfab, make sure the play off settings allow for a consolation bracket. We have 8 so 2 brackets of 4 for the play offs, and dont worry about having the playoffs extend to week 25, I think thats still far enough from the end of the season we wont be hurt by resting superstars (well, some SPs maybe).
                          Last edited by Berzerker; March 12, 2009, 20:52.

Comment

Hmm, I thought someone else suggested it. If it's not possible then don't do it, of course.

Comment

oh damn, I see you already have 50 max, okay. But we do need the league ID, it should be a number

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                                Hmm, I thought someone else suggested it. If it's not possible then don't do it, of course.
                                Nah, the 50 was about how many players we can add/drop over the season. But its a good idea, all IP over 50 (or 40) dont count.

50 will be tough for me, easier for people who dont throw SPs everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X