This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch, Delgado is getting surgery

And the Mets were beginning to put it together too...
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• World Series Games to start 40 minutes early. Starting before 8 PM EST:

The first pitch of World Series games will happen shortly before 8 p.m. ET this season, shortly after Fox's pregame show, which will now begin at 7:30 ET.

Also heard that Selig wanted one afternoon game, but couldn't get it through.

Very nice stuff!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• that sucks, he's out 2 months

but I think I did something quite like that to my hip when I tried to cut off my followthru on a swing to keep the ball under some trees. I tore something in my right hip during a big 3 day tournament and could barely stand much less swing. But with the proper medication (booze/painkillers) I was able to finish. But a couple times I was on the ground after a swing crawling like a baby trying to muster the strength to stand. That was almost 2 years ago and I still cant say its healed. Course I never went to the doc to have the muscle sowed back onto my hipbone.

oh ya, something weird about golf and injuries - I could barely swing (the followthru was very painful) so I really had to modify my swing, ease up and make solid contact rather than blasting away. I shot about 5 over for the 3 days so if anything my game improved after the injury.

Comment

• Hopefully he's out 2 months. After all, even though A-Rod had the same procedure... A-Rod is younger and less injury prone .

Comment

• Moving up the start times of the WS games gets a big from me, though I wish they would move them up more.

Nice to see Teixiera wake up. Dingers from each side last night. Not nice to see: NYY relievers not named Rivera. My patience for some of these guys is running low (Veras and Edwar in particular). The whole point of having a bunch of no-name guys is that if one (or more) of them turns into a pumpkin, you kick him to the curb and bring up another guy (Robertson, Melancon). Hopefully getting Bruney back will help somewhat. I have no idea when they're getting Marte back. I was puzzled at the 3-year extension when it was signed... now I'm getting a Karsay vibe.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Omar needs to get on the freaking phone and get some cheap good defensive subs

Comment

• There are De Rosa rumors.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I love winning, man. It's, like, you know, better than losing! - Eddie Calvin LaLoosh.

Nice to see Hughes pitch pretty well (5IP, 3ER doesn't tell the whole story) and the offense continue to function. Flukey Cabrera continues to tease me with the possibility that he might actually be a functional major leaguer. The bullpen pitched well. Life is good.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Tigers sweep Rangers!

I honestly didn't expect much out of the Tigers this year. I'm surprised as hell, especially considering two of their cornerstones--Ordonez and Guillen--have given them little and nothing, respectively, so far.

The pitching has come out of nowhere. Verlander appears to be reborn.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      Tigers sweep Rangers!

I honestly didn't expect much out of the Tigers this year. I'm surprised as hell, especially considering two of their cornerstones--Ordonez and Guillen--have given them little and nothing, respectively, so far.

The pitching has come out of nowhere. Verlander appears to be reborn.

Now if only the pitching and hitting can show up in the same year.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Wow... what in the Hell is wrong with Ricky Nolasco this season. You'd think if it was just early season slump, it'd be over by now. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

In other news, the top three NL East teams took care of the AL East teams with the Mets besting the Red Sox (even though they had THREE more errors.. jeez), the Phils beating the Yanks, and the Braves knocking off the Jays in quite the pitchers duel.

Comment

• yeah that was a big mistake trading Qualls for him

and I thought I did good with Vic at C

look at Mauer!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus H Christ the guy is tearing the cover off the ball
                          Last edited by Berzerker; May 23, 2009, 21:29.

Comment

• Holy ****! I just saw what the Mets did tonight... from Santos teeing off on Papelbon to the great defense in the bottom of the 9th.

Comment

• Verlander is dominating again today...

In the five starts up to today:

35.1 IP, 4 ER, 19 H, 10 BB, 52 K.

That's 1.02 ERA, 0.82 WHIP, 13.2 K/9, 5.2 K/BB.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Rays starting 2B, Aki Iwamora is out for the year with a torn ACL after being slide into while try to turn a DP

That seems to open up some playing time for Zobrist (aka "Zorilla"), but hurts the Rays' depth.

Comment

Working...
                                X