Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wang is seriously out of whack, obviously.

He's been here before (2007 ALDS, and occasionally during the regular season), but not quite this bad. The underlying things are the same, though: his mechanics are borked and as a consequence, his sinker doesn't function. It is instead a BP fastball, if it's even in the zone (lots of his fastballs tail hard right, missing the strike zone badly - that's supposed to be downward movement, but it's lateral right now). Given that his only other pitch is a mediocre slider (and given his mechanical problems goodness knows where that pitch would go), when he's like this he's totally screwed.

In the past, he's worked it out. The current theory is that he's subconciously favoring the foot he injured last season. I'm not sure about that, because the pitching coach has said that Wang's fine in the bullpen. Then he gets into the game and promptly implodes. That points rather strongly to the problem being between his ears. I do think he'll get it fixed, but in the meantime...

... enjoy it while it lasts, fellas.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Oh, don't worry.

We will.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Especially with A-Rod out...

(though when he gets back )
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think we're going to get a couple of Phil Hughes starts (maybe Kennedy). Wanger threw in extended spring training. 11ks, 0BBs. Wow, great. Except for the 9 hits and 4 earned runs. The guys he faced were low-level minor leaguers. Yikes.

Suffice it to say he's still messed up. The Yanks are not putting forth the theory that his "arm strength" isn't back after last year's foot injury shelved him. Sounds to me like they're setting up a 15-day DL for "tired arm." I wonder where they got that idea from?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Well that sucked.

-Arrian

Comment

• Could be worse... could be on the Marlins' losing streak.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Wow, Yovani Gallardo beat the pirates single-handedly. Shut them out through 8 innings AND hit a solo home run to win the game 1-0. Wow!
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It's always cool when some NL pitcher does that.

Back-to-back good starts by Hughes & Joba have restored my sense of calm. Oh, and seriously: Wilsom Betemit for Nick Swisher? Dude, that trade rocked.

-Arrian

Comment

• Well, it'd have to be "some NL pitcher" usually, wouldn't it?

Comment

• Usually, sure. But with interleague play, an AL pitcher could do it.

-Arrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        Knowing Berz... He has probably already made over 100 changes in all of his fantasy leagues
                        48 so far in 4 leagues, but 1 league is the poly auction with a 50 add max for the year

Comment

• Zack Greinke be amazing this month, yo. 5-0, 0.50 ERA (coming in his last game). 44 Ks. Daaaamn.

Comment

• ya, that was unexpected by me at least... I'll have to abandon my rookie sleeper picks in the future cuz it really does take 2-3 years for these hot pitching prospects to gel...if they ever do.

Comment

• Guess I'm better at picking pitchers than I thought.

Too bad I don't benefit from him, and Capy is absentee.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• so yer taking credit for Zack but not Wang ?

oh ya, I remember you said Capy did that on his own

Comment

Working...
                                X