Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody watch San Diego at Mets yesterday?

Help out a baseball n00b here

In the top of the 6th, Eckstein was at bat for SD. It was 3 and 2, with a runner at 3rd. Suddenly the umpire called the runner in, and he walked in to score SD's 6th run of the evening. Why was he allowed to do that? The commentary on ESPN was very insider like at that moment, so I didn't quite get what happened.

Anybody help me out?

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Clearly the umpire was on the take. Graft. Payola.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• As I understand it, the pitcher balked. This (a balk) is a procedural flaw by the pitcher, and the runner is automatically advanced one base as penalty.

I didn't see the replay, so can't comment on whether a balk did, in fact, occur.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• OR, it could be as Jrabbit says.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• The reliever (Feliciano?) was in his pitching motion (he got into the set position) when he flinched up. Small, but noticable... such a shame .

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Matsuzaka to the DL with "arm fatigue."

Nady apparently blew out his elbow last night. MRI shows a tear. They're being officially cagey about it, but nobody really doubts that Nady's done for the year. Damn. Man, I love that Swisher trade even more than I already did.
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• thank god a took Nady out of my line up this week.
                "

Comment

• Dice-K was sucking pretty hard, it had to be an injury.

Wonder how much BoSox fans are blaming the WBC?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Kinsler's cycle has interest from Baseball Hall of Fame

10:02 AM CDT on Friday, April 17, 2009

From staff reports

Ian Kinsler's record-setting night has caught the attention of the Baseball Hall of Fame.

The Hall asked the Rangers on Thursday for one of Kinsler's game-used items from his 6-for-6 performance Wednesday, when he became the fourth Rangers player to hit for the cycle.

The Rangers and the HOF will determine the appropriate item in the next few days, and it will be put on display in an exhibit called "Today's Game" in Cooperstown, N.Y.

Other notable facts about Kinsler's night:

•According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Ian Kinsler became the first player in modern baseball history to go 6-for-6 and hit for the cycle in a nine-inning game. The last player to do so was Bill Weaver in 1890 for Louisville of the American Association, which at the time was considered a major league.

•The last cycle at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington had been Sept. 1, 2008, by Seattle's Adrian Beltre.

•Kinsler's six hits tied an American League record for a nine-inning game. The major league record is seven by Rennie Stennett in 1975.

•Kinsler's four extra-base hits tied a team record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Dice-K was sucking pretty hard, it had to be an injury.

Wonder how much BoSox fans are blaming the WBC?
                      The ones I know are definitely blaming the WBC.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• So we're ten games in and the Phillies are 4-6. Same start five out of the last six seasons.

Glad their consistent.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Sheffield's 500th

And helped win the games for the Mets .

And last night, Minnesota's Jason Kubel caps off hitting for the cycle (what, is everyone doing it now?) with a grand slam!

Comment

• Sheff

Too bad he didn't hit it in Detroit (last season though).
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Cleveland 20
                              NY Yankees 4

This is just fun

Comment

• A 14-run second inning -- biggest ever against the Bronx boys.

Mr. Wang, your flight is now boarding...
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X